Technology, Human Capital, And The World Food Problem
Alexander von Humboldt Award Colloquium 1984; TABLE OF CONTENTS: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Awards; Recipients of the Alexander von Humboldt Award; The 1984 Award; Appraisal of the Scientific Work of Vernon W. Ruttan; Appraisal of the Contributions to Research and Graduate Education of Vernon Ruttan; Response to Award Presentation; Chapter 1: The IRAC's: Evidence of Impact on National Research and Extension Programs by R. E. Evenson; Chapter 2: The Evolution of Farming Systems and Agricultural Technology in Sub-Saharan Africa. by Hans P. Binswanger and Prabhu L. Pingali; Chapter 3: Technological Cycles in Latin American Agriculture by Martin Pineiro; Chapter 4: The Changing Economy and the Family by Theodore W. Schultz; Chapter 5: The Adaptive Development of Public Educational Systems: Intercountry Estimates of the Effects of Income, Input Prices and Population Growth by T. Paul Schultz; Chapter 6: Induced Institutional Innovation by Vernon W. Ruttan; Chapter 7: Technical Change, Human Capital and the World Food Problem by D. Gale Johnson; Appendix
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vernon Ruttan, 1980.
"Bureaucratic productivity: The case of agricultural research,"
Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 529-547, January.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1978. "Bureaucratic Productivity: The Case Of Agricultural Research," Staff Papers 13911, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Phillips, William H., 1982. "Induced Innovation and Economic Performance in Late Victorian British Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 97-103, March.
- Kikuchi, Masao & Hayami, Yujiro, 1980. "Inducements to Institutional Innovations in an Agrarian Community," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 21-36, October.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1969.
"Factor Prices And Technical Change In Agricultural Development: The United States And Japan, 1880-1960,"
14172, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, V W, 1970. "Factor Prices and Technical Change in Agricultural Development: The United States and Japan, 1880-1960," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(5), pages 1115-41, Sept.-Oct.
- Guttman, Joel M., 1982. "Can political entrepreneurs solve the free-rider problem?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 357-366, December.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1984. "Integrated rural development programmes: A historical perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 393-401, April.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1978. "Structural Retardation and the Modernization of French Agriculture: A Skeptical View," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 714-728, September.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297.
- Alchian, Armen A. & Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "The Property Right Paradigm," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 16-27, March.
- Tollison, Robert D, 1982. "Rent Seeking: A Survey," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 575-602.
- Allen, Robert C, 1982. "The Efficiency and Distributional Consequences of Eighteenth Century Enclosures," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 937-53, December.
- Marc Nerlove, 1974.
"Household and Economy: Toward a New Theory of Population and Economic Growth,"
in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 200-221
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1974. "Household and Economy: Toward a New Theory of Population and Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages S200-S218, Part II, .
- Carlisle Ford Runge, 1981. "Common Property Externalities: Isolation, Assurance, and Resource Depletion in a Traditional Grazing Context," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(4), pages 595-606.
- Douglass C. North & Robert Paul Thomas, 1970. "An Economic Theory of the Growth of the Western World," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 23(1), pages 1-17, 04.
- Alain de Janvry, 1973. "A Socioeconomic Model of Induced Innovations for Argentine Agricultural Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 410-435.
- Cain, Louis P. & Paterson, Donald G., 1981. "Factor Biases and Technical Change in Manufacturing: The American System, 1850–1919," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(02), pages 341-360, June.
- Field, Alexander James, 1981. "The problem with neoclassical institutional economics: A critique with special reference to the North/Thomas model of pre-1500 Europe," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 174-198, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:miscpa:141718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.