Technology, Human Capital, And The World Food Problem
Alexander von Humboldt Award Colloquium 1984; TABLE OF CONTENTS: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Awards; Recipients of the Alexander von Humboldt Award; The 1984 Award; Appraisal of the Scientific Work of Vernon W. Ruttan; Appraisal of the Contributions to Research and Graduate Education of Vernon Ruttan; Response to Award Presentation; Chapter 1: The IRAC's: Evidence of Impact on National Research and Extension Programs by R. E. Evenson; Chapter 2: The Evolution of Farming Systems and Agricultural Technology in Sub-Saharan Africa. by Hans P. Binswanger and Prabhu L. Pingali; Chapter 3: Technological Cycles in Latin American Agriculture by Martin Pineiro; Chapter 4: The Changing Economy and the Family by Theodore W. Schultz; Chapter 5: The Adaptive Development of Public Educational Systems: Intercountry Estimates of the Effects of Income, Input Prices and Population Growth by T. Paul Schultz; Chapter 6: Induced Institutional Innovation by Vernon W. Ruttan; Chapter 7: Technical Change, Human Capital and the World Food Problem by D. Gale Johnson; Appendix
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1984. "Integrated rural development programmes: A historical perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 393-401, April.
- Cain, Louis P. & Paterson, Donald G., 1981. "Factor Biases and Technical Change in Manufacturing: The American System, 1850–1919," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(02), pages 341-360, June.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1978. "Structural Retardation and the Modernization of French Agriculture: A Skeptical View," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 714-728, September.
- Marc Nerlove, 1974.
"Household and Economy: Toward a New Theory of Population and Economic Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 200-221
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1974. "Household and Economy: Toward a New Theory of Population and Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 200-218, Part II, .
- Kikuchi, Masao & Hayami, Yujiro, 1980. "Inducements to Institutional Innovations in an Agrarian Community," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 21-36, October.
- Vernon Ruttan, 1980.
"Bureaucratic productivity: The case of agricultural research,"
Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 529-547, January.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1978. "Bureaucratic Productivity: The Case Of Agricultural Research," Staff Papers 13911, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Alchian, Armen A. & Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "The Property Right Paradigm," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 16-27, March.
- Alain de Janvry, 1973. "A Socioeconomic Model of Induced Innovations for Argentine Agricultural Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 410-435.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Allen, Robert C, 1982. "The Efficiency and Distributional Consequences of Eighteenth Century Enclosures," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 937-953, December.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, V W, 1970.
"Factor Prices and Technical Change in Agricultural Development: The United States and Japan, 1880-1960,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(5), pages 1115-1141, Sept.-Oct.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1969. "Factor Prices And Technical Change In Agricultural Development: The United States And Japan, 1880-1960," Staff Papers 14172, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Douglass C. North & Robert Paul Thomas, 1970. "An Economic Theory of the Growth of the Western World," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 23(1), pages 1-17, April.
- Carlisle Ford Runge, 1981. "Common Property Externalities: Isolation, Assurance, and Resource Depletion in a Traditional Grazing Context," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(4), pages 595-606.
- Field, Alexander James, 1981. "The problem with neoclassical institutional economics: A critique with special reference to the North/Thomas model of pre-1500 Europe," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 174-198, April.
- Guttman, Joel M., 1982. "Can political entrepreneurs solve the free-rider problem?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 357-366, December.
- Phillips, William H., 1982. "Induced Innovation and Economic Performance in Late Victorian British Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 97-103, March.
- Tollison, Robert D, 1982. "Rent Seeking: A Survey," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 575-602.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297-297. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:miscpa:141718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.