Demand Interaction Between Farmed Salmon And Wild Caught Fish In The United Kingdom
Demand relationships between salmon and a number of wild-caught whitefish and shellfish species using both single equation models and linearised AIDS system framework. The system is well represented although autocorrelation were found in both approaches but this is less of a problem in the systems approach. A cautious interpretation of the results indicated that salmon had a long-run market relationship with the whitefish species of cod, monkfish, saithe, whiting and plaice and with the shellfish species of mussels, nephrops, scallops and shrimp. These groups contain the main seafood species consumed within the United Kingdom, and therefore should include most potential substitutes for salmon.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1995. "Units of Measurement and the 'Stone Index' In Demand System Estimation," Staff General Research Papers 5058, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bjorndal, Trond & Salvanes, Kjell G & Gordon, Daniel V, 1994. "Elasticity Estimates of Farmed Salmon Demand in Spain and Italy," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 419-28.
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Burton, Michael & Young, Trevor, 1992. "The Structure of Changing Tastes for Meat and Fish in Great Britain," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 165-80.
- Eales, James S. & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 1994. "The inverse almost ideal demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 101-115, January.
- Frank Asche & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "On Price Indices in the Almost Ideal Demand System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1182-1185.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:miscpa:11828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.