New Product Development of a Yoghurt Dessert via E-Collaboration
The following contribution describes how an E-collaboration platform may be used within new product development. In order to develop a new dairy product (a yoghurt dessert), a leading Austrian dairy co-operated with representatives from the Austrian University of Natural Resources and Applied Live Sciences Vienna and other experts by use of a specific E-collaboration platform. The main aim of the project was the preparation of innovative product concepts. All necessary data and documents concerning consumer behaviour, market trends, product features etc. were distributed via a closed E-collaboration platform. The participants worked together for about half a year; however, only two personal meetings were necessary, all other communication processes (also group discussions) were done via the E-collaboration platform. It was possible to simultaneously communicate and co-operate even though the participants were located in Vienna, Upper Austria and Italy (South Tyrol). In the end a new product could be developed which was launched in one of the big three Austria supermarket chains in 2004. It could be proven that the state of the art in new product development is absolutely compatible with the usage of information technology for communication and knowledge transfer purposes; however, confidentiality and trust are absolutely indispensable for the success of such a project.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asp, Elaine H., 1999. "Factors affecting food decisions made by individual consumers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 287-294, May.
- Narula Rajneesh & Hagedoorn John, 1998.
"Innovating through strategic alliances: moving towards international partnerships and contractual agreements,"
025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- John Hagedoorn & Rajneesh Narula, . "Innovating through strategic alliances: moving towards international partnerships and contractual agreements," STEP Report series 199805, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Buyukozkan, G.Gulcin & Feyzioglu, Orhan, 2004. "A fuzzy-logic-based decision-making approach for new product development," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 27-45, July.
- Ariss, Sonny S. & Zhang, Qingyu, 2002. "The impact of flexible process capability on the product-process matrix: an empirical examination," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 135-145, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eea110:49882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.