Rural Non-Farm Incomes and Poverty Reduction in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 2002. "Raising primary school enrolment in developing countries: The relative importance of supply and demand," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 103-128.
- Glewwe, Paul, et al, 1995. "An Eclectic Approach to Estimating the Determinants of Achievement in Jamaican Primary Education," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, pages 231-258.
- Behrman, Jere R & Knowles, James C, 1999. "Household Income and Child Schooling in Vietnam," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, pages 211-256.
- Gomulka, Joanna & Stern, Nicholas, 1990. "The Employment of Married Women in the United Kingdom 1970-83," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, pages 171-199.
- Alderman, Harold, et al, 1996.
"The Returns to Endogenous Human Capital in Pakistan's Rural Wage Labour Market,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, pages 29-55.
- Behrman, J.R. & Ross, D. & Sabot, R. & Alderman, H., 1995. "The Returns to endogenous Human Capital in Pakistan's Rural Wage Labour Market," Center for Development Economics 141, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Paul Glewwe & Hanan Jacoby, 1994. "Student Achievement and Schooling Choice in Low-Income Countries: Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 843-864.
- William E. Even & David A. Macpherson, 1993. "The Decline of Private-Sector Unionism and the Gender Wage Gap," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 279-296.
- Glick, Peter & Sahn, David E., 2006.
"The demand for primary schooling in Madagascar: Price, quality, and the choice between public and private providers,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 118-145.
- Harounan Kaziango, 2004. "Motives for Household Private Transfers in Burkina Faso," Working Papers 895, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Melissa Binder, 1998. "Family background, gender and schooling in Mexico," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 54-71.
- Tansel, Aysit, 2002. "Determinants of school attainment of boys and girls in Turkey: individual, household and community factors," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, pages 455-470.
- Tansel, A., 1993. "School Attainnment, Parental Education and Gender in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana," Papers 692, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C., 2000. "Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, pages 2123-2155.
- Handa, Sudhanshu & Simler, Kenneth R. & Harrower, Sarah, 2004. "Human capital, household welfare, and children's schooling in Mozambique:," Research reports 134, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Behrman, Jere R & Birdsall, Nancy, 1983. "The Quality of Schooling: Quantity Alone is Misleading," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 928-946.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adesugba, Margaret Abiodun & Mavrotas, George, 2016. "Youth employment, agricultural transformation, and rural labor dynamics in Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1579, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Awotide, Bola Amoke & Awoyemi, Taiwo Timothy & Diagne, Aliou & Ojehomon, Vivian E.T., 2012. "Impact of Seed Voucher System on Rice Farmers’ Welfare in Nigeria: A Randomized Control Trial Approach," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 124995, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Epo, Boniface Ngah & Baye, Francis Menjo, 2013. "Implications of Farmâ€“Non-farm Population Shifts for Household Poverty Changes in Cameroon," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2), August.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-10-09 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-10-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-10-09 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aer:rpaper:rp_224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steven Kinuthia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aerccke.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.