Measuring the Output of the Banking Sector: Shortcomings of the Current European Methodology and New Perspectives
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum in its series Chapters in SUERF Studies with number
56-7.||Handle:|| RePEc:erf:erfssc:56-7||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: SUERF c/o OeNB, Otto-Wagner-Platz 3, A-1090 Vienna, Austria|
Phone: +43/1/404 20 7216
Fax: +43/1/404 20 7298
Web page: http://www.suerf.org
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: SUERF c/o OeNB, Otto-Wagner-Platz 3, A-1090 Vienna, Austria|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caudill, Steven B. & Ford, Jon M., 1993. "Biases in frontier estimation due to heteroscedasticity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 17-20.
- Tim Coelli & Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003.
"A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 15149, August.
- Antonio Estache & Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44106, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- David Saal & David Parker & Tom Weyman-Jones, 2007. "Determining the contribution of technical change, efficiency change and scale change to productivity growth in the privatized English and Welsh water and sewerage industry: 1985–2000," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 127-139, October.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Antonio Alvarez & Christine Amsler & Luis Orea & Peter Schmidt, 2006. "Interpreting and Testing the Scaling Property in Models where Inefficiency Depends on Firm Characteristics," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 201-212, 06.
- Peter Schmidt & Antonio Alvarez & Christine Amsler, 2004. "Interpreting and testing the scaling property in models where inefficiency depends on firm characteristics," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 520, Econometric Society.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Amsler, Christine & Orea, Luis & Schmidt Peter, 2005. "Interpreting and Testing the Scaling Property in Models where Inefficiency Depends on Firm Characteristics," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Havrylchyk, Olena, 2006. "Efficiency of the Polish banking industry: Foreign versus domestic banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1975-1996, July.
- Caudill, Steven B & Ford, Jon M & Gropper, Daniel M, 1995. "Frontier Estimation and Firm-Specific Inefficiency Measures in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 105-111, January.
- Wang, Hung-Jen, 2006. "Stochastic frontier models," MPRA Paper 31079, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erf:erfssc:56-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dragana Popovic)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.