Banking Mergers and Acquisitions in the EU: Overview, Assessment and Prospects
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rym Ayadi & Georges Pujals, 2005. "Banking Mergers and Acquisitions in the EU: Overview, Assessment and Prospects," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2005/3 edited by Morten Balling.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sharpe, William F., 1967. "Portfolio Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 76-84, June.
- Altunbas, Y. & Gardener, E. P. M. & Molyneux, P. & Moore, B., 2001. "Efficiency in European banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1931-1955, December.
- Peristiani, Stavros, 1997.
"Do Mergers Improve the X-Efficiency and Scale Efficiency of U.S. Banks? Evidence from the 1980s,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 326-337, August.
- Stavros Peristiani, 1996. "Do mergers improve the x-efficiency and scale efficiency of U.S. banks?: Evidence from the 1980s," Research Paper 9623, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995. "Evaluating the efficiency of commercial banks: does our view of what banks do matter?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 39-52.
- Resti, Andrea, 1998. "Regulation Can Foster Mergers, Can Mergers Foster Efficiency? The Italian Case," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 157-169, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clements Adeyinka Akinsoyinu, 2015. "Efficiency Evaluation of European Financial Cooperative Sector. A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 5(4), pages 11-21, October.
- Goddard, John & Molyneux, Philip & Wilson, John O.S. & Tavakoli, Manouche, 2007. "European banking: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1911-1935, July.
- Lee, Tung-Hao & Chih, Shu-Hwa, 2013. "Does financial regulation affect the profit efficiency and risk of banks? Evidence from China's commercial banks," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 705-724.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2012.
"Banks as ‘fat cats’: Branching and price decisions in a two-stage model of competition,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 338-363.
- COCCORESE, Paolo, 2011. "Banks as ‘fat cats’: Branching and Price Decisions in a Two-Stage Model of Competition," CELPE Discussion Papers 118, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Claudia M. Buch & Gayle L. DeLong, 2008. "Banking Globalization: International Consolidation and Mergers in Banking," IAW Discussion Papers 38, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erf:erfssc:36-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dragana Popovic). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/suerfea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.