THE JAPANESE ECONOMY IN RETROSPECT:Selected Papers by Gary R Saxonhouse(In 2 Volumes)
- Robert M Stern(University of Michigan, USA)Gavin Wright(Stanford University, USA)Hugh Patrick(Columbia University, USA)
AbstractGary R Saxonhouse was one of the leading world scholars on Japanese economy. Born in New York City in 1943, he attended Yale University, where he received his PhD in Economics in 1971. He joined the Faculty of Economics at the University of Michigan beginning in 1970, where he taught throughout his career. The selection of his published papers that comprises this two-volume publication is a testimony and tribute to his remarkable accomplishments and influence that were cut short by his untimely death in November 2006, following a battle with leukemia.Volume I contains a selection of his published papers that have been instrumental in enhancing the understanding of Japan's modern economic history, focusing in particular on the Japanese cotton-spinning industry.Volume II features a selection of his published papers that look at how Japan's technology and innovation were key in promoting Japan's economic success; how its economy was shaped by its comparative advantage and related policies; and how its macro-financial policies were implemented in the course of its economic growth after World War II.
- Robert M Stern & Gavin Wright & Hugh Patrick (ed.), 2010. "THE JAPANESE ECONOMY IN RETROSPECT:Selected Papers by Gary R Saxonhouse(In 2 Volumes)," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., volume 12, number 7256.Handle: RePEc:wsi:wsbook:7256
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; Japanese Economy; Japanese Economic History; Cotton Spinning;
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wsbook:7256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .