The Impact of ASEAN-China FTA Early Harvest Program: the Case of the Philippines with Focus on Short-run Effects on the Agriculture Sector
This paper aims to provide some information on the implications for the Philippine agriculture sector of the ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement. In particular, the paper explores the possible impact of the agreement, with emphasis on the Early Harvest Program (EHP). It also provides a brief background on the state of the Philippine agriculture system, the liberalization initiatives undertaken, as well as some policy gaps and interventions done to address these. The paper also revisits a simulation exercise conducted on the possible short-run impact of an EHP to identify the vulnerable sectors.
|This book is provided by Philippine Institute for Development Studies in its series Research Paper Series with number RPS 2007-01 and published in .|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2006.
"Preferential Trading Agreements and Agricultural Liberalization in East and Southeast Asia,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22678, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2007. "Preferential trading agreements and agricultural liberalization in East and South-East Asia," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 75-130 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2006. "Preferential Trading Agreements and Agricultural Liberalization in East and Southeast Asia," Working Papers 1106, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Pasadilla, Gloria O., 2006. "Preferential Trading Agreements and Agricultural Liberalization in East and Southeast Asia," Discussion Papers DP 2006-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ian Fuchsloch & Marcos Sawaya Jank & Géraldine Kutas, 2003. "Agricultural Liberalization in Multilateral and Regional Trade Negotiations," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9361, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Cockburn, John & Corong, Erwin, 2005. "Doha scenarios, trade reforms, and poverty in the Philippines," MTID discussion papers 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:rpseri:rps_2007-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.