Competition and contestability between acute hospitals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M, 1996.
"Contracts for the National Health Service,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1691-1701, November.
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1996. "Contracts for National Health Service," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9641, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Schwartz, Marius, 1986. "The Nature and Scope of Contestability Theory," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(0), pages 37-57, Suppl. No.
- Morris, D J, et al, 1986. "Strategic Behaviour and Industrial Competition: An Introduction," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(0), pages 1-8, Suppl. No.
- Brian Ferguson & Stephen Palmer, 1994. "Markets and the NHSME Guidelines: costs and prices in the internal market," Working Papers 120chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Baumol, William J & Willig, Robert D, 1986. "Contestability: Developments since the Book," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(0), pages 9-36, Suppl. No.
- Cairns, Robert D & Mahabir, Dhanayshar, 1988. "Contestability: A Revisionist View," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(218), pages 269-276, May.
- Cairns, Robert D., 1996. "Uncertain contestability," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 125-131, July.
- Brooks, John M. & Dor, Avi & Wong, Herbert S., 1997. "Hospital-insurer bargaining: An empirical investigation of appendectomy pricing," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 417-434, August.
- Maynard, Alan, 1994. "Can competition enhance efficiency in health care? Lessons from the reform of the U.K. National Health Service," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1433-1445, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- OHE Commission, 2012. "Report of the Office of Health Economics Commission on Competition in the NHS," Monographs, Office of Health Economics, number 000168, January.
- Jonathan Sussex & Shelley Farrar, 2009. "Activity-based funding for National Health Service hospitals in England: managers’ experience and expectations," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(2), pages 197-206, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Renato Filosa, 1994. "The changing borders of banking: trends and implications," BIS Working Papers 23, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Douglas Wood, 2003. "Corporate strategy for Mexican banks and market contestability," Industrial Organization 0301014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993.
"Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix,"
Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(3), pages 569-592.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993. "Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix," Post-Print hal-01393913, HAL.
- Dasgupta Utteeyo, 2011. "Are Entry Threats Always Credible?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-41, December.
- Maria Lorek, 2013. "Des pôles de croissance vers des systèmes d’innovation territorialisés dans une « nouvelle » économie de marche : le cas de Gdansk, Pologne [The poles of growth and conversion of industrial territo," Working Papers 274, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2009.
"Potential competition in the presence of sunk entry costs: an experiment,"
New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(2), pages 203-225.
- Dasgupta, Utteeyo, 2009. "Potential Competition in the Presence of Sunk Entry Costs: An Experiment," MPRA Paper 21945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Langridge, R. & Sealey, R., 2000. "Contestability in the UK bus industry? The National Bus Company, and the "Tilling Mark II" effect," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 105-115, April.
- Muhammad Lawal Ahmad Bashar, 1997. "Price Control in an Islamic Economy التسعير في اقتصاد إسلامي," Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics, King Abdulaziz University, Islamic Economics Institute., vol. 9(1), pages 29-52, January.
- Kox, Henk L.M. & van Leeuwen, George, 2013. "Market selection and scale inefficiency – A new methodology applied to EU business services," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 77-94.
- Pearcy, Jason & Savage, Scott J., 2015. "Actual and potential competition in international telecommunications," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 94-105.
- Button, Kenneth, 2019. "Applied economics and understanding trends in air transportation policy," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 78-85.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1999.
"Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 141-164, Winter.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, "undated". "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E31, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1998. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 6701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1998. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," HEW 9809001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Braido, Luis H.B. & Shalders, Felipe L., 2015. "Monopoly rents in contestable markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 89-92.
- Carlos Diaz & Raimundo Soto, "undated". "Open-Access Issues in the Chilean Telecommunications and Electricity Sectors," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv124, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Maria Goddard & Russell Mannion, 1998. "From competition to co‐operation: new economic relationships in the National Health Service," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 105-119, March.
- Andrew E. Burke & Theodore To, 1997. "Contesting Contestability and the Efficiency of Wages," Industrial Organization 9706005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefan Mai & Mark Oelmann, 2001. "Elektronischer Handel im Lichte der Bestreitbarkeit von Märkten," IWP Discussion Paper Series 01/2001, Institute for Economic Policy, Cologne, Germany.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2003. "Generisches Referenzmodell für die Analyse relevanter Kommunikationsmärkte: Wettbewerbsökonomische Grundfragen," WIK Discussion Papers 243, WIK Wissenschaftliches Institut für Infrastruktur und Kommunikationsdienste GmbH.
- Paech, Niko P., 1998. "Contestability reconsidered: The meaning of market exit costs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 435-443, March.
- Peter Kuhn, 1982. "Malfeasance in Long Term Employment Contracts: A New General Model with an Application to Unionism," NBER Working Papers 1045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics of Health Care Systems;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ohe:monogr:000433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ohecouk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.