Reform Of The International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective
This is a substantially revised version of the paper presented to the Symposium on Asian Economic Integration organized by Nanyang Technology University in Singapore, 4–5 September 2008. The author is grateful to Teresa Carpenter for providing comments on an earlier version and to Pradumna B. Rana for encouraging him to update the paper with the discussion of recent international financial architecture reforms in response to the global financial crisis of 2007–2009. He also acknowledges competent editorial assistance by Barnard Helman. The findings, interpretations, and conclusions expressed in the paper are entirely those of the author alone and do not necessarily represent the views of the Asian Development Bank, its Institute, its executive directors, or the countries they represent.
Volume (Year): 55 (2010)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ser/ser.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masahiro Kawai & Richard Newfarmer & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2005. "Financial Crises: Nine Lessons from East Asia," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 185-207, Spring.
- C. Randall Henning, 2002.
"East Asian Financial Cooperation,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa68.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2005:i:mar10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haruhiko Kuroda & Masahiro Kawai, 2002. "Strengthening Regional Financial Cooperation in East Asia," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 332, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Edwin M. Truman (ed.), 2006. "Reforming the IMF for the 21st Century," Peterson Institute Press: Special Reports, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number sr19, January.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2006. "Reforming the IMF for the 21st Century," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number sr19.
- Edwin M. Truman (ed.), 2006. "Reforming the IMF for the 21st Century," Peterson Institute Press: Special Reports, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3870, January.
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2008.
"A Pragmatic Approach to Capital Account Liberalization,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 149-72, Summer.
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram Rajan, 2008. "A Pragmatic Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 14051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prasad, Eswar & Rajan, Raghuram G., 2008. "A Pragmatic Approach to Capital Account Liberalization," IZA Discussion Papers 3475, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Takatoshi ITO, 2007. "Asian Currency Crisis and the International Monetary Fund, 10 Years Later: Overview," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 2(1), pages 16-49.
- Graham Bird & Ramkishen Rajan, 2002. "The Evolving Asian Financial Architecture," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-03, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Stanley Fischer, 1999. "On the Need for an International Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 85-104, Fall.
- Masahiro Kawai & Shinji Takagi, 2005. "Strategy for a Regional Exchange Rate Arrangement in East Asia: Analysis, Review and Proposal," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 21-64.
- Edwin M. Truman (ed.), 2006. "Reforming the IMF for the 21st Century," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3870.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2005. "The global saving glut and the U.S. current account deficit," Speech 77, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- de Brouwer,Gordon, 2001. "Hedge Funds in Emerging Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521802338, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:serxxx:v:55:y:2010:i:01:p:207-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.