Credit Derivatives Pricing With Stochastic Volatility Models
This paper proposes a model for pricing credit derivatives in a defaultable HJM framework. The model features hump-shaped, level dependent, and unspanned stochastic volatility, and accommodates a correlation structure between the stochastic volatility, the default-free interest rates, and the credit spreads. The model is finite-dimensional, and leads (a) to exponentially affine default-free and defaultable bond prices, and (b) to an approximation for pricing credit default swaps and swaptions in terms of defaultable bond prices with varying maturities. A numerical study demonstrates that the model captures stylized various features of credit default swaps and swaptions.
Volume (Year): 16 (2013)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-27, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Carl Chiarella & Viviana Fanelli & Silvana Musti, 2009.
"Modelling the Evolution of Credit Spreads Using the Cox Process Within the HJM Framework A CDS Option Pricing Model,"
Research Paper Series
255, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, Carl & Fanelli, Viviana & Musti, Silvana, 2011. "Modelling the evolution of credit spreads using the Cox process within the HJM framework: A CDS option pricing model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 208(2), pages 95-108, January.
- Carl Chiarella & Viviana Fanelli & Silvana Musti, 2008. "Modelling the Evolution of Credit Spreads using the Cox Process within the HUM Framework: A CDS Option Pricing Model," Research Paper Series 232, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Samuel Chege Maina & Christina Nikitopoulos-Sklibosios, 2010. "Markovian Defaultable HJM Term Structure Models with Unspanned Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 283, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Mascia Bedendo & Lara Cathcart & Lina El-Jahel, 2007. "The Slope Of The Term Structure Of Credit Spreads: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 237-257.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2001. "Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1765-1799, October.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kwon, 2003. "Finite Dimensional Affine Realisations of HJM Models in Terms of Forward Rates and Yields," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 129-155, May.
- Casassus, Jaime & Collin-Dufresne, Pierre & Goldstein, Bob, 2005. "Unspanned stochastic volatility and fixed income derivatives pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 2723-2749, November.
- Tomas Björk & Yuri Kabanov & Wolfgang Runggaldier, 1997. "Bond Market Structure in the Presence of Marked Point Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 211-239.
- Li Chen & Damir Filipovic, 2003. "Credit Derivatives in an Affine Framework," Finance 0307002, EconWPA.
- Philipp J. Schonbucher, 1997. "Team Structure Modelling of Defaultable Bonds," FMG Discussion Papers dp272, Financial Markets Group.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Carl Chiarella & Christina Nikitopoulos Sklibosios & Erik Schlögl, 2007.
"A Markovian Defaultable Term Structure Model With State Dependent Volatilities,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 155-202.
- Carl Chiarella & Erik Schlögl & Christina Nikitopoulos-Sklibosios, 2004. "A Markovian Defaultable Term Structure Model with State Dependent Volatilities," Research Paper Series 135, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 2000. "A Class of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Models with Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 34, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijtafx:v:16:y:2013:i:04:p:1350019-1-1350019-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.