The Small And Large Time Implied Volatilities In The Minimal Market Model
This paper derives explicit formulas for both the small and the large time limits of the implied volatility in the minimal market model. It is shown that interest rates do impact on the implied volatility in the long run, even though they are negligible in the short time limit.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 08 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Platen, Eckhard, 2000.
"A minimal financial market model,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2000,91, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier & Aleksandar Mijatovic, 2009. "Asymptotic formulae for implied volatility in the Heston model," Papers 0911.2992, arXiv.org, revised May 2010.
- Carr, Peter P & Jarrow, Robert A, 1990.
"The Stop-Loss Start-Gain Paradox and Option Valuation: A New Decomposition into Intrinsic and Time Value,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(3), pages 469-92.
- Peter P. Carr & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008. "The Stop-Loss Start-Gain Paradox and Option Valuation: A new Decomposition into Intrinsic and Time Value," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 4, pages 61-84 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"A Benchmark Approach to Finance,"
Research Paper Series
138, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- L. Rogers & M. Tehranchi, 2010. "Can the implied volatility surface move by parallel shifts?," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 235-248, April.
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Arbitrage in Continuous Complete Markets," Research Paper Series 72, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2011. "The large-maturity smile for the Heston model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 755-780, December.
- Eckhard Platen & Hardy Hulley, 2008. "Hedging for the Long Run," Research Paper Series 214, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2009. "Small-Time Asymptotics For Implied Volatility Under The Heston Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(06), pages 861-876.
- Michael Roper & Marek Rutkowski, 2009. "On The Relationship Between The Call Price Surface And The Implied Volatility Surface Close To Expiry," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(04), pages 427-441.
- Leunglung Chan & Eckhard Platen, 2010. "Exact Pricing and Hedging Formulas of Long Dated Variance Swaps under a $3/2$ Volatility Model," Papers 1007.2968, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijtafx:v:15:y:2012:i:08:p:1250057-1-1250057-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.