The Small And Large Time Implied Volatilities In The Minimal Market Model
This paper derives explicit formulas for both the small and the large time limits of the implied volatility in the minimal market model. It is shown that interest rates do impact on the implied volatility in the long run, even though they are negligible in the short time limit.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 08 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2009. "Small-Time Asymptotics For Implied Volatility Under The Heston Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(06), pages 861-876.
- Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"A Benchmark Approach To Finance,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Eckhard Platen, 2004. "A Benchmark Approach to Finance," Research Paper Series 138, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier & Aleksandar Mijatovic, 2009. "Asymptotic formulae for implied volatility in the Heston model," Papers 0911.2992, arXiv.org, revised May 2010.
- L. Rogers & M. Tehranchi, 2010. "Can the implied volatility surface move by parallel shifts?," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 235-248, April.
- Leunglung Chan & Eckhard Platen, 2010. "Exact Pricing and Hedging Formulas of Long Dated Variance Swaps under a $3/2$ Volatility Model," Papers 1007.2968, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2011.
- Peter P. Carr & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008. "The Stop-Loss Start-Gain Paradox and Option Valuation: A new Decomposition into Intrinsic and Time Value," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 4, pages 61-84 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Carr, Peter P & Jarrow, Robert A, 1990. "The Stop-Loss Start-Gain Paradox and Option Valuation: A New Decomposition into Intrinsic and Time Value," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(3), pages 469-492.
- Platen, Eckhard, 2000. "A minimal financial market model," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,91, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "A Minimal Financial Market Model," Research Paper Series 48, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen & Hardy Hulley, 2008. "Hedging for the Long Run," Research Paper Series 214, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Michael Roper & Marek Rutkowski, 2009. "On The Relationship Between The Call Price Surface And The Implied Volatility Surface Close To Expiry," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(04), pages 427-441.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2011. "The large-maturity smile for the Heston model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 755-780, December.
- Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Arbitrage in Continuous Complete Markets," Research Paper Series 72, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijtafx:v:15:y:2012:i:08:p:1250057-1-1250057-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.