Exact Simulation Of The 3/2 Model
This paper discusses the exact simulation of the stock price process underlying the 3/2 model. Using a result derived by Craddock and Lennox using Lie Symmetry Analysis, we adapt the Broadie-Kaya algorithm for the simulation of affine processes to the 3/2 model. We also discuss variance reduction techniques and find that conditional Monte Carlo techniques combined with quasi-Monte Carlo point sets result in significant variance reductions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 05 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Carr & Jian Sun, 2007. "A new approach for option pricing under stochastic volatility," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 87-150, May.
- Peter Laurence & Tai-Ho Wang, 2005. "Closed Form Solutions For Quadratic And Inverse Quadratic Term Structure Models," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(08), pages 1059-1083.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Andrey Itkin & Peter Carr, 2010. "Pricing swaps and options on quadratic variation under stochastic time change models—discrete observations case," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 141-176, July.
- Pierre L'Ecuyer & Christiane Lemieux, 2000. "Variance Reduction via Lattice Rules," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(9), pages 1214-1235, September.
- Mark Craddock & Kelly A Lennox, 2006. "Lie Group Symmetries as Integral Transforms of Fundamental Solutions," Research Paper Series 183, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Paul Glasserman & Kyoung-Kuk Kim, 2011. "Gamma expansion of the Heston stochastic volatility model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 267-296, June.
- Alan L. Lewis, 2000. "Option Valuation under Stochastic Volatility," Option Valuation under Stochastic Volatility, Finance Press, number ovsv, March.
- Ahn, Dong-Hyun & Gao, Bin, 1999. "A Parametric Nonlinear Model of Term Structure Dynamics," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 721-762.