Optimal Investment On Finite Horizon With Random Discrete Order Flow In Illiquid Markets
We study the problem of optimal portfolio selection in an illiquid market with discrete order flow. In this market, bids and offers are not available at any time but trading occurs more frequently near a terminal horizon. The investor can observe and trade the risky asset only at exogenous random times corresponding to the order flow given by an inhomogenous Poisson process. By using a direct dynamic programming approach, we first derive and solve the fixed point dynamic programming equation satisfied by the value function, and then perform a verification argument which provides the existence and characterization of optimal trading strategies. We prove the convergence of the optimal performance, when the deterministic intensity of the order flow approaches infinity at any time, to the optimal expected utility for an investor trading continuously in a perfectly liquid market model with no-short sale constraints.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koichi Matsumoto, 2006. "Optimal portfolio of low liquid assets with a log-utility function," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 121-145, 01.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008.
"Multiplicative approximation of wealth processes involving no-short-sale strategies via simple trading,"
0812.0033, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2010.
- Constantinos Kardaras & Eckhard Platen, 2008. "Multiplicative Approximation of Wealth Processes Involving No-Short-Sale Strategies," Research Paper Series 240, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Alessandra Cretarola & Fausto Gozzi & Huyên Pham & Peter Tankov, 2011.
"Optimal consumption policies in illiquid markets,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 85-115, January.
- Huyên Pham & Peter Tankov, 2008. "A Model Of Optimal Consumption Under Liquidity Risk With Random Trading Times," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 613-627.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijtafx:v:14:y:2011:i:01:p:17-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.