Analytic Pricing Of Contingent Claims Under The Real-World Measure
This article derives a series of analytic formulae for various contingent claims under the real-world probability measure using the stylised minimal market model (SMMM). This model provides realistic dynamics for the growth optimal portfolio (GOP) as a well-diversified equity index. It captures both leptokurtic returns with correct tail properties and the leverage effect. Under the SMMM, the discounted GOP takes the form of a time-transformed squared Bessel process of dimension four. From this property, one finds that the SMMM possesses a special and interesting relationship to non-central chi-square random variables with zero degrees of freedom. The analytic formulae derived under the SMMM include options on the GOP, options on exchange prices and options on zero-coupon bonds. For options on zero-coupon bonds, analytic prices facilitate efficient calculation of interest rate caps and floors.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 08 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"Local volatility function models under a benchmark approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 197-206.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2004. "Local Volatility Function Models under a Benchmark Approach," Research Paper Series 124, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Eckhard Platen, 2003.
"An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model,"
Research Paper Series
97, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 2005. "An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(06), pages 717-735.
- Hardy Hulley & Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2005. "Benchmarking and Fair Pricing Applied to Two Market Models," Research Paper Series 155, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"Two-Factor Model for Low Interest Rate Regimes,"
Research Paper Series
130, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijtafx:v:11:y:2008:i:08:p:841-867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.