Analytic Pricing Of Contingent Claims Under The Real-World Measure
This article derives a series of analytic formulae for various contingent claims under the real-world probability measure using the stylised minimal market model (SMMM). This model provides realistic dynamics for the growth optimal portfolio (GOP) as a well-diversified equity index. It captures both leptokurtic returns with correct tail properties and the leverage effect. Under the SMMM, the discounted GOP takes the form of a time-transformed squared Bessel process of dimension four. From this property, one finds that the SMMM possesses a special and interesting relationship to non-central chi-square random variables with zero degrees of freedom. The analytic formulae derived under the SMMM include options on the GOP, options on exchange prices and options on zero-coupon bonds. For options on zero-coupon bonds, analytic prices facilitate efficient calculation of interest rate caps and floors.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 08 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijtaf/ijtaf.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Hardy Hulley & Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2005. "Benchmarking and Fair Pricing Applied to Two Market Models," Research Paper Series 155, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 2003.
"An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model,"
Research Paper Series
97, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 2005. "An Alternative Interest Rate Term Structure Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(06), pages 717-735.
- Shane Miller & Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"A Two-Factor Model for Low Interest Rate Regimes,"
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-133, March.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"Local Volatility Function Models under a Benchmark Approach,"
Research Paper Series
124, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2006. "Local volatility function models under a benchmark approach," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 197-206.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijtafx:v:11:y:2008:i:08:p:841-867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.