The Nucleolus Of The Bankruptcy Problem By Hydraulic Rationing
In this note, we give a straightforward and elementary proof of a theorem by Aumann and Maschler stating that in the well-known bankruptcy problem, the so-called CG-consistent solution described by the Talmud represents the nucleolus of the corresponding coalitional game. The proof nicely fits into the hydraulic rationing framework proposed by Kaminski. We point out further interesting properties in connection with this framework.
Volume (Year): 14 (2012)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moreno-Ternero, Juan D. & Villar, Antonio, 2004.
"The Talmud rule and the securement of agents' awards,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 245-257, March.
- Juan de Dios Moreno Ternero & Antonio Villar Notario, 2003. "The Talmud Rule And The Securement Of Agents? Awards," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Benoit, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "The Nucleolus Is Contested-Garment-Consistent: A Direct Proof," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 192-196, November.
- Benoit, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "The Nucleolus is Contested-Garment-Consistent: A Direct Proof," Working Papers 97-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Herrero, Carmen & Villar, Antonio, 2001.
"The three musketeers: four classical solutions to bankruptcy problems,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 307-328, November.
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 2000. "The Three Musketeers: Four Classical Solutions To Bankruptcy Problems," Working Papers. Serie AD 2000-23, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Toru Hokari & William Thomson, 2007.
"On properties of division rules lifted by bilateral consistency,"
RCER Working Papers
536, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Hokari, Toru & Thomson, William, 2008. "On properties of division rules lifted by bilateral consistency," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1057-1071, December.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
- Kaminski, Marek M., 2000. "'Hydraulic' rationing," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 131-155, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:igtrxx:v:14:y:2012:i:01:p:1250007-1-1250007-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.