Convex Games Versus Clan Games
In this paper we provide characterizations of convex games and total clan games by using properties of their corresponding marginal games. We show that a "dualize and restrict" procedure transforms total clan games with zero worth for the clan into monotonic convex games. Furthermore, each monotonic convex game generates a total clan game with zero worth for the clan by a "dualize and extend" procedure. These procedures are also useful for relating core elements and elements of the Weber set of the corresponding games.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1989. "A Concept of Egalitarianism under Participation Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 615-35, May.
- Muto, S. & Nakayama, M. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1988. "On big boss games," Other publications TiSEM 488a314a-179c-4628-91e6-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Yaron Azrieli & Ehud Lehrer, 2004. "On Concavification and Convex Games," Game Theory and Information 0408002, EconWPA.
- Robert J. Weber, 1977.
"Probabilistic Values for Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
471R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Biswas, A. K. & Parthasarathy, T. & Potters, J. A. M. & Voorneveld, M., 1999. "Large Cores and Exactness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Brânzei, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Timmer, J.B., 2001. "Information collecting situations and bi-monotonic allocation schemes," Other publications TiSEM b1fe5187-5a46-460d-aaeb-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Potters, J.A.M. & Poos, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Muto, S., 1989. "Clan games," Other publications TiSEM 1855e4e3-7392-4ef0-a073-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tijs, Stef & Meca, Ana & Lopez, Marco A., 2005. "Benefit sharing in holding situations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 251-269, April.
- Brânzei, R. & Dimitrov, D.A. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "A New Characterization of Convex Games," Discussion Paper 2004-109, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Potters, Jos & Poos, Rene & Tijs, Stef & Muto, Shigeo, 1989. "Clan games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 275-293, September.
- Rodica Brânzei & Stef Tijs & Judith Timmer, 2001. "Information collecting situations and bi-monotonic allocation schemes," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 303-313, December.
- Curiel, I. & Tijs, S.H., 1991. "Minimarg and the maximarg operators," Other publications TiSEM 1f024ef6-4383-41ae-aba6-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tijs, S.H. & Meca, A. & Lopez, M.A., 2005. "Benefit sharing in holding situations," Other publications TiSEM 718b8e18-eb6f-407b-a9cd-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- repec:spr:compst:v:54:y:2001:i:2:p:303-313 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:igtrxx:v:10:y:2008:i:04:p:363-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.