Link Monotonic Allocation Schemes
A network is a graph where the nodes represent players and the links represent bilateral interaction between the players. A reward game assigns a value to every network on a fixed set of players. An allocation scheme specifies how to distribute the worth of every network among the players. This allocation scheme is link monotonic if extending the network does not decrease the payoff of any player. We characterize the class of reward games that have a link monotonic allocation scheme. Two allocation schemes for reward games are studied, the Myerson allocation scheme and the position allocation scheme, which are both based on allocation rules for communication situations. We introduce two notions of convexity in the setting of reward games and with these notions of convexity we characterize the classes of reward games where the Myerson allocation scheme and the position allocation scheme are link monotonic. As a by-product we find a characterization of the Myerson value and the position value on the class of reward games using potentials.
Volume (Year): 07 (2005)
Issue (Month): 04 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/igtr/igtr.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1995.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
1098R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Owen, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "On the position value for communication situations," Other publications TiSEM 5a8473e4-1df7-42df-ad53-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Mutuswami, Suresh, 1996.
971, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Jesus Marin Solano & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 1996. "Convexity versus average convexity: potential, pmas, the shapley value and simple games," Working Papers in Economics 3, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:igtrxx:v:07:y:2005:i:04:p:473-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.