Agglomeration And Dispersion In China And Asean: A Geographical Simulation Analysis
Spatial designing of economic development with enhancing connectivity has become essential to pursue both sustained growth and the narrowing of development gaps. The issue of agglomeration and dispersion in China and its neighboring countries is an example of requiring such an approach. This paper introduces the Geographical Simulation Model (GSM) based on the new economic geography setting and presents illustrative simulations on Asian Highway No. 3 and Kyaukpyu deep sea port development in order to analyze the economic implication of developing hard and soft infrastructure as well as lowering national border barriers for inclusive growth at the sub-national level.
Volume (Year): 01 (2012)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.worldscinet.com/cepr/cepr.shtml|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kumagai, Satoru & Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Isono, Ikumo & Keola, Souknilanh & Tsubota, Kenmei, 2012.
"Geographical simulation analysis for logistics enhancement in Asia,"
IDE Discussion Papers
369, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kumagai, Satoru & Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Isono, Ikumo & Keola, Souknilanh & Tsubota, Kenmei, 2013. "Geographical simulation analysis for logistics enhancement in Asia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-153.
- Kenmei Tsubota & Satoru Kumagai & Kazunobu Hayakawa & Ikumo Isono & Souknilanh Keola, 2013. "Geographical Simulation Analysis for Logistics Enhancement in Asia," EcoMod2013 5006, EcoMod.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2008. "Regionalism as an Engine of Multilateralism: A Case for a Single East Asian FTA," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 14, Asian Development Bank.
- Forslid, R. & Haaland, J.I. & Knarvik, K.H.M., 1999.
"A U-Shaped Europe? A Simulation Study of Industrial Location,"
19/99, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Forslid, Rikard & Haaland, Jan I. & Midelfart Knarvik, Karen Helene, 2002. "A U-shaped Europe?: A simulation study of industrial location," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 273-297, August.
- Forslid, Rikard & Haaland, Jan I. & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene, 1999. "A U-Shaped Europe? A Simulation Study of Industrial Location," CEPR Discussion Papers 2247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rikard Forslid & Jan I. Haaland & Karen Helene M. Knarvik & Ottar Maestad, 2002. "Integration and transition: Scenarios for the location of production and trade in Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 10(1), pages 93-117, March.
- Francois Joseph F & Wignaraja Ganeshan, 2008. "Economic Implications of Asian Integration," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-48, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ceprxx:v:01:y:2012:i:01:p:1250005-1-1250005-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.