Testing for Causality between the Foreign Direct Investment, Current Account Deficit, GDP and Total Credit: Evidence from G7
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Prasad, Eswar S., 2003.
"Medium-term determinants of current accounts in industrial and developing countries: an empirical exploration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Menzie David Chinn & Eswar S Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries; An Empirical Exploration," IMF Working Papers 00/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Eswar S. Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 7581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Law, Siong Hook & Ahmad, Abd Halim, 2010.
"FDI and economic growth: New evidence on the role of financial markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 211-213, May.
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Law, Siong Hook & Ahmad, Abdul Halim, 2009. "FDI and economic growth: new evidence on the role of financial markets," MPRA Paper 65852, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Scott W Hegerty, 2009. "Capital flows to transition economies: what is the role of external shocks?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1345-1358.
- Calderon Cesar Augusto & Chong Alberto & Loayza Norman V., 2002.
"Determinants of Current Account Deficits in Developing Countries,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-33, March.
- César Calderón & Alberto Chong & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Determinants of Current Account Deficits in Developing Countries," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 51, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Chong, Alberto & Loayza, Norman, 2000. "Determinants of current account deficits in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2398, The World Bank.
- Hadri, Kaddour & Kurozumi, Eiji, 2012.
"A simple panel stationarity test in the presence of serial correlation and a common factor,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 31-34.
- Kaddour Hadri & Eiji Kurozumi, 2011. "A Simple Panel Stationarity Test in the Presence of Serial Correlation and a Common Factor," Economics Working Papers 11-01, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- Dumitrescu, Elena-Ivona & Hurlin, Christophe, 2012.
"Testing for Granger non-causality in heterogeneous panels,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1450-1460.
- Christophe Hurlin & Elena Dumitrescu, 2012. "Testing for Granger Non-causality in Heterogeneous Panels," Working Papers halshs-00224434, HAL.
- Elena Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2012. "Testing for Granger Non-causality in Heterogeneous Panels," Post-Print hal-01385899, HAL.
- Chorng-Huey Wong & Luis Carranza, 1999.
"Policy Responses to External Imbalances in Emerging Market Economies: Further Empirical Results,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 1-5.
- Luis Carranza & Chorng-Huey Wong, 1998. "Policy Responses to External Imbalances in Emerging Market Economies; Further Empirical Results," IMF Working Papers 98/103, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Aman Ullah & Takashi Yamagata, 2008.
"A bias-adjusted LM test of error cross-section independence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 11(1), pages 105-127, March.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Ullah, A. & Yamagata. T., 2006. "A Bias-Adjusted LM Test of Error Cross Section Independence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0641, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Branko Urošević & Milan Nedeljković & Emir Zildžović, 2012. "Jackknife Model Averaging of the Current Account Determinants," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 59(3), pages 267-281, June.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2004.
"‘General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0435, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," IZA Discussion Papers 1240, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1229, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fry, M., 1996. "How Foreign Direct Investment in Pacific Asia Improves in Current Account," Papers 96-02, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- Ahmed, Elsadig Musa, 2012. "Are the FDI inflow spillover effects on Malaysia's economic growth input driven?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1498-1504.
- Kar, Muhsin & NazlIoglu, Saban & AgIr, Hüseyin, 2011.
"Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 685-693, January.
- Kar, Muhsin & Nazlıoğlu, Şaban & Ağır, Hüseyin, 2011. "Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 685-693.
- Yan, Ho-don, 2007. "Does capital mobility finance or cause a current account imbalance?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Joshua E. Greene & Magda E. Kandil, 2002. "The Impact of Cyclical Factors on the U. S. Balance of Payments," IMF Working Papers 02/45, International Monetary Fund.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Thanoon, Marwan Abdul-Malik, 2006. "Foreign capital flows and economic growth in East Asian countries," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 70-83.
- Caroline Freund & Frank Warnock, 2007.
"Current Account Deficits in Industrial Countries: The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall?,"
NBER Chapters,in: G7 Current Account Imbalances: Sustainability and Adjustment, pages 133-168
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline Freund & Frank Warnock, 2005. "Current Account Deficits in Industrial Countries: The Bigger They are, the Harder They Fall?," NBER Working Papers 11823, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akinlo, A. Enisan, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and growth in Nigeria: An empirical investigation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 627-639, July.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Joakim Westerlund, 2008. "Panel cointegration tests of the Fisher effect," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 193-233.
- Nuri Yildirim & Huseyin Tastan, 2012.
"Capital Flows and Economic Growth across Spectral requencies: Evidence from Turkey,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 59(4), pages 441-462, September.
- Nuri Yildirim & Huseyin Tastan, 2009. "Capital flows and economic growth across spectral frequencies: Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 2009/2, Turkish Economic Association.
- Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 393-407, March.
- Caroline L. Freund, 2000. "Current account adjustment in industrialized countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 692, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yao, Shujie & Wei, Kailei, 2007. "Economic growth in the presence of FDI: The perspective of newly industrialising economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 211-234, March.
- Faroque, Akhter & Veloce, William, 1990. "Causality and the Structure of Canada's Balance of Payments: Evidence from Time Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 267-283.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Müller, Gernot J. & Bussière, Matthieu, 2004. "Current accounts dynamics in OECD and EU acceding countries - an intertemporal approach," Working Paper Series 311, European Central Bank.
- Nathalie Homlong & Elisabeth Springler, 2010. "Economic Development and Foreign Direct Investment: How to Create Sustainable Development An Analysis of the Potential for Sustainable Development on the Indian Subcontinent," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(3), pages 333-347, September.
- Alberto Bagnai & Stefano Manzocchi, 1999. "Current-Account Reversals in Developing Countries: The Role of Fundamentals," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 143-163, May.
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Chun-Ping Chang, 2009. "FDI, financial development, and economic growth: International evidence," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 12, pages 249-271, November.
- Herzer, Dierk & Klasen, Stephan & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2008. "In search of FDI-led growth in developing countries: The way forward," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 793-810, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saief Eddine, Ayouni & Fakhri, Issaoui & Salem, Brahim, 2014. "Financial liberalization, Foreign Direct investment (FDI) and Economic Growth: A Panel Dynamic Data Validation," MPRA Paper 56386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrent account deficit; Foreign direct investment; GDP; Credit; Panel co-integration and causality; G7;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:voj:journl:v:60:y:2013:i:6:p:791-812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat). General contact details of provider: http://www.panoeconomicus.rs/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.