Conflicts between Agricultural Policy and Sustainable Land Use: The Case of Northern Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Renwick, Alan W. & Jansson, Torbjorn & Verburg, Peter H. & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Britz, Wolfgang & Gocht, Alexander & McCracken, Davy, 2011. "Policy Reform and Agricultural Land Abandonment," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108772, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Onate, J.J. & Atance, I. & Bardaji, I. & Llusia, D., 2007. "Modelling the effects of alternative CAP policies for the Spanish high-nature value cereal-steppe farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 247-260, May.
- Heinz Peter Witzke & Markus Kempen & Ignacio Perez Dominguez & Torbjörn Jansson & Paolo Sckokai & John Helming & Thomas Heckelei & Daniele Moro & Axel Tonini & Thomas Fellmann, 2009. "Regional Economic Analysis of Milk Quota Reform in the EU," JRC Working Papers JRC53116, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu Hengzhou Author-Email: email@example.com & Liu Yuexi Author-Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2016. "Policy Implications and Impact of Household Registration System on Peasants’ Willingness to Return Rural Residential Lands: Evidence from Household Survey in Rural China," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 63(1), pages 135-146, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nikolaos Apostolopoulos & Panagiotis Liargovas & Stavros Stavroyiannis & Ilias Makris & Sotiris Apostolopoulos & Dimitrios Petropoulos & Eleni Anastasopoulou, 2020. "Sustaining Rural Areas, Rural Tourism Enterprises and EU Development Policies: A Multi-Layer Conceptualisation of the Obstacles in Greece," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-19, September.
- Xin Deng & Dingde Xu & Miao Zeng & Yanbin Qi, 2018. "Landslides and Cropland Abandonment in China’s Mountainous Areas: Spatial Distribution, Empirical Analysis and Policy Implications," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-14, October.
- Viaggi, Davide & Raggi, Meri & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2011.
"Farm-household investment behaviour and the CAP decoupling: Methodological issues in assessing policy impacts,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 127-145, January.
- Pavel Ciaian & Maria Espinosa & Sergio Gomez y Paloma & Stephen Langrell & Kamel Louhichi & Thierry Vard & Thomas Heckelei & Paolo Sckokai & Alban Thomas, 2013. "Farm-household investment behaviour and the CAP decoupling: Methodological issues in assessing policy impacts," JRC Working Papers JRC79969, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Brady, Mark V. & Hristov, Jordan & Sahrbacher, Christoph & Willhelmsson, Fredrik, 2015. "Passive farming in Europe: hindering agricultural development or preserving valuable landscape," 147th Seminar, October 7-8, 2015, Sofia, Bulgaria 212248, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Huber, Robert & Bakker, Martha & Balmann, Alfons & Berger, Thomas & Bithell, Mike & Brown, Calum & Grêt-Regamey, Adrienne & Xiong, Hang & Le, Quang Bao & Mack, Gabriele & Meyfroidt, Patrick & Millingt, 2018. "Representation of decision-making in European agricultural agent-based models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 143-160.
- Di Corato, Luca & Zormpas, Dimitrios, 2017. "Should I farm or should I not?," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261110, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gebeltova, Zdenka & Pletichova, D., 2012. "Proposal of the Creation of Resources for the Maintenance of the Production Capability of the Agricultural Land Fund by Way of Tax Savings," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(4 Special), pages 1-12, December.
- Iliakis, Konstantinos & Gadanakis, Yiorgos & Park, Julian, 2017. "Technology gaps and leaps in the sustainable development of English cereal and general cropping farms," 91st Annual Conference, April 24-26, 2017, Royal Dublin Society, Dublin, Ireland 258649, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Di Corato, Luca & Brady, Mark V., 2019. "Passive farming and land development: A real options approach," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 32-46.
- Gohin, Alexandre & Zheng, Yu, 2015. "Assessing the Market Impacts of the Common Agricultural Policy: Does Farmers’ Risk Attitude Matter?," 2015: Trade and Societal Well-Being, December 13-15, 2015, Clearwater Beach, Florida 229235, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Mariusz Hamulczuk & Katarzyna Hertel, 2009. "Implications of the Abolition of Milk Quota System for Polish Agriculture – Simulation Results Based on the AG MEMOD Model," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 3(3), September.
- Reader, Mark, 2013. "Public Support for Agriculture: Perceptions of Farming and Environment among the British in 2012," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 3(1), pages 1-6, October.
- Carolina Perpiña Castillo & Eloína Coll Aliaga & Carlo Lavalle & José Carlos Martínez Llario, 2020. "An Assessment and Spatial Modelling of Agricultural Land Abandonment in Spain (2015–2030)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-23, January.
- Howley, Peter & Breen, James P. & Donoghue, Cathal O. & Hennessy, Thia, 2012. "Does the single farm payment affect farmers’ behaviour? A macro and micro analysis," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 2(1), pages 1-8, October.
- Alexandre Gohin & Yu Zheng, 2016. "Assessing the Market Impacts of the Common Agricultural Policy: Does Farmers' Risk Attitude Matter?," FOODSECURE Working papers 46, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Yingqian Huang & Fengqin Li & Hualin Xie, 2020. "A Scientometrics Review on Farmland Abandonment Research," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-27, August.
- Diogo, V. & Koomen, E. & Kuhlman, T., 2015. "An economic theory-based explanatory model of agricultural land-use patterns: The Netherlands as a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 1-16.
- Vőneki, Éva & Mandi-Nágy, Dániel & Stark, András, 2015. "Prospects for the European Union and Hungarian dairy sectors after the abolition of the milk quota system," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 117(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Mittenzwei, Klaus & Britz, Wolfgang & Wieck, Christine, 2014. "Does the “green box” of the European Union distort global markets?," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-20, April.
- Dominik Noll & Christian Lauk & Veronika Gaube & Dominik Wiedenhofer, 2020. "Caught in a Deadlock: Small Ruminant Farming on the Greek Island of Samothrace. The Importance of Regional Contexts for Effective EU Agricultural Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-19, January.
More about this item
KeywordsDeagrarianization; Underutilization and abandonment of agricultural land; Cattle density; CAP reform;
All these keywords.
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:voj:journl:v:60:y:2013:i:3:p:397-414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ivana Horvat to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.panoeconomicus.rs/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.