An Analysis of Exchange Rate Risk Exposure Related to the Public Debt Portfolio of Tunisia: Beyond VaR Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Ping-Tsung & Shieh, Shwu-Jane, 2007. "Value-at-Risk analysis for long-term interest rate futures: Fat-tail and long memory in return innovations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 248-259, March.
- Mazin A.M. Al Janabi, 2006. "Foreign-exchange trading risk management with value at risk: Case analysis of the Moroccan market," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(3), pages 273-291, May.
- Laura Alfaro & Fabio Kanczuk, 2009. "Debt Maturity: Is Long-Term Debt Optimal?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 890-905, November.
- Cabedo Semper, J. David & Moya Clemente, Ismael, 2003. "Value at risk calculation through ARCH factor methodology: Proposal and comparative analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(3), pages 516-528, November.
- Fatma Marrakchi Charfi, 2009. "Euro / dollar : quelle stratégie de change pour la Tunisie ?," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 85-114.
- Bams, Dennis & Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C.P., 2005.
"An evaluation framework for alternative VaR-models,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 944-958, October.
- Bams, Dennis & Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C, 2002. "An Evaluation Framework for Alternative VaR Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 3403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael G. Papaioannou, 2009. "Exchange Rate Risk Measurement and Management: Issues and Approaches for Public Debt Managers," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 7(1), pages 7-34.
- Longin, Francois M., 2000. "From value at risk to stress testing: The extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1097-1130, July.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Huisman, R. & Koedijik, K.G. & Pownall, R.A.J., 1998. "VaR-x: Fat Tails in Financial Risk Management," Papers 98-54, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Tan, Kok-Hui & Chan, Inn-Leng, 2003. "Stress testing using VaR approach--a case for Asian currencies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 39-55, February.
- Wissem Ajili, 2008. "A Value-At-Risk Approach To Assess Exchange Risk Associated To A Public Debt Portfolio: The Case Of A Small Developing Economy," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Risk Management And Value Valuation and Asset Pricing, chapter 2, pages 11-60 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Udaibir S Das & Jay Surti & Faisal Ahmed & Michael G. Papaioannou & Guilherme Pedras, 2010. "Managing Public Debt and Its Financial Stability Implications," IMF Working Papers 10/280, International Monetary Fund.
- Vlaar, Peter J. G., 2000. "Value at risk models for Dutch bond portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1131-1154, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:agr:journl:v:4(613):y:2017:i:4(613):p:161-168 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPublic debt management; Exchange risk; Value at risk; Tunisia.;
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:voj:journl:v:59:y:2012:i:1:p:59-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat). General contact details of provider: http://www.panoeconomicus.rs/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.