A Dynamic Analysis of the Effect of Social Security Reform on Spanish Widow Pensioners
This paper shows the dynamic effects of the reform of the Spanish social security pension system on the pensions received by one of the most vulnerable groups of the population, namely, widows. We undertake a duration analysis to account for the effects of reform over time. We study the effects on the widowsâ€™ overall financial welfare in terms of the evolution of their risk of poverty. We show that the combined effects of the measures to be implemented will have a positive impact; that is to say, the risk of poverty diminishes with respect to the current financial situation of the widows. However, the risk of poverty increases as the pensioners get older
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfau, Wade Donald, 2006. "Comparing the Impacts of Social Security Benefit Reductions on the Income Distribution of the Elderly," MPRA Paper 19033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7957 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peinado, Patricia & Serrano, Felipe, 2012. "A dynamic analysis of the effects on pensioners’ welfare of social security reforms," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 71-87, January.
- Lachance, Marie-Eve, 2008. "Pension reductions: can welfare be preserved by delaying retirement?," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 157-177, July.
- Jongkyun Choi, 2006. "The Role of Derived Rights for Old-age Income Security of Women," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 43, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:voj:journl:v:58:y:2011:i:5:p:759-771. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.