Can the Capability Approach be Evaluated within the Frame of Mainstream Economics? A Methodological Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 2007. "Meanings of methodological individualism," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 211-226.
- Des Gasper & Irene van Staveren, 2003. "DEVELOPMENT AS FREEDOM v - v AND AS WHAT ELSE?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 137-161.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomas Zelinsky, 2012. "Changes in Relative Material Deprivation in Regions of Slovakia and the Czech Republic," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 59(3), pages 335-353, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Prabhir Poruthiyil, 2013. "Weaning Business Ethics from Strategic Economism: The Development Ethics Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 735-749, September.
- Heira Georgina Valdez-Bocanegra & Gonzalo Maldonado-GuzmÃ¡n & Carmen CastrejÃ³n-Mata, 2020. "The Entrepreneurial Orientation and its Impact on Competitiveness and Growth: Empirical Evidence in the State of Aguascalientes in Mexico," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(3), pages 1-6.
- Sylvie Thoron, 2016. "Morality Beyond Social Preferences: Smithian Sympathy, Social Neuroscience and the Nature of Social Consciousness [La moralité au delà des préférences sociales. La sympathie Smithienne, les neurosc," Post-Print hal-01645043, HAL.
- Thiago Dumont Oliveira & Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, 2016. "Lionel Robbins’ first-step individualism and the prehistory of microfoundations," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 537, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Alicia Girón, 2006. "Macroeconomía, desarrollo y género," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(15), pages 207-225, July-Dece.
- Chiappero-Martinetti, Enrica & Moroni, Stefano, 2007. "An analytical framework for conceptualizing poverty and re-examining the capability approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 360-375, June.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs,"
Chapters, in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 17, pages 298-312,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2011. "Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 20-34, June.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2011. "Institutions as cognitive media between strategic interactions and individual beliefs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 20-34.
- Geoffrey Hodgson & Thorbjoern Knudsen, 2012. "Agreeing on generalised Darwinism: a response to Pavel Pelikan," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 9-18, January.
- Gasper, D.R., 2006. "What is the capability approach?: its core, rationale, partners and dangers," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19187, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Maria Ana Lugo & Esfandiar Maasoumi, 2008.
"Multidimensional Poverty Measures from an Information Theory Perspective,"
85, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Maria Ana Lugo, Esfandiar Maasoumi, 2009. "Multidimensional Poverty Measures from an Information Theory Perspective," OPHI Working Papers 10, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Chandra, Yanto & Wilkinson, Ian F., 2017. "Firm internationalization from a network-centric complex-systems perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 691-701.
- Tiziano Distefano & Pietro Guarnieri, 2019. "Collective Actions: a Network Approach," Discussion Papers 2019/244, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Thomas Grebel, 2011. "Innovation and Health," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14375.
- Agnieszka Lipieta & Andrzej Malawski, 2016. "Price versus quality competition: in search for Schumpeterian evolution mechanisms," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1137-1171, December.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016.
"Institutions as Emergent Phenomena: Redefining Downward Causation,"
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "Institutions as Emergent Phenomena: Redefining Downward Causation," GREDEG Working Papers 2016-30, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- Max Albert & Andreas Hildenbrand, 2016. "Industrial Organization and Experimental Economics: How to Learn from Laboratory Experiments," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 135-156, August.
- Tara Natarajan, 2014. "Shifting economics: fundamental questions and Amartya K. Sen’s pragmatic humanism," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 8(1), November.
- Gasper, D.R., 2004. "Human well-being : concepts and conceptualizations," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19148, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Casajus, André & Kramm, Michael & Wiese, Harald, 2020. "Asymptotic stability in the Lovász-Shapley replicator dynamic for cooperative games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 186(C).
- Ivaylo Donchev Beev, 2017. "Economic theory of constitution. English-American school," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 131-151.
More about this item
KeywordsAmartya Sen; Mainstream economics; Methodological individualism.;
All these keywords.
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:voj:journl:v:57:y:2010:i:1:p:85-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ivana Horvat to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.panoeconomicus.rs/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.