Review Article: The Complementarities of Poverty Reduction, Equity, and Growth: A Perspective on the World Development Report 2006
World Development Report 2006 overextends the role of inequality and redistribution in development processes by overemphasizing relevant but particular efficiency-equity complementarities, by conflating domestic and international equality issues, and by naively integrating economic and political equalities.
Volume (Year): 55 (2006)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Belzil & Jörgen Hansen, 2002.
"Unobserved Ability and the Return to Schooling,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(5), pages 2075-2091, September.
- Christian Belzil, 2002. "Unobserved Ability and the Return to schooling++," Post-Print hal-00541872, HAL.
- Belzil, Christian & Hansen, Jörgen, 2002. "Unobserved Ability and the Return to Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 508, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Belzil & Jörgen Hansen, 2002. "Unobserved Ability and the Return to Schooling," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-19, CIRANO.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Duflo, Esther, 2003.
"Inequality and Growth: What Can the Data Say?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 267-99, September.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Paul J. Gertler & Maitreesh Ghatak, 2002. "Empowerment and Efficiency: Tenancy Reform in West Bengal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 239-280, April.
- Pinckney, Thomas C & Kimuyu, Peter K, 1994. "Land Tenure Reform in East Africa: Good, Bad or Unimportant?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 3(1), pages 1-28, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:55:y:2006:p:223-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.