Real estate market risk in bank stock returns: evidence for 15 European countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra, 2012. "Real Estate Market Risk in Bank Stock Returns: Evidence for 15 European Countries," CEF.UP Working Papers 1203, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Davis, E. Philip & Zhu, Haibin, 2009.
"Commercial property prices and bank performance,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1341-1359, November.
- E Philip DaviS & Haibin Zhu, 2004. "Commercial property prices and bank performance," Public Policy Discussion Papers 04-19, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- E. Philip Davis & Haibin Zhu, 2005. "Commercial property prices and bank performance," BIS Working Papers 175, Bank for International Settlements.
- E Philip Davis & Haibin Zhu, 2004. "Commercial property prices and bank performance," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 04-19, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Calza, Alessandro & Monacelli, Tommaso & Stracca, Livio, 2006.
"Mortgage markets, collateral constraints, and monetary policy: Do institutional factors matter?,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2007/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Calza, Alessandro & Monacelli, Tommaso & Stracca, Livio, 2007. "Mortgage Markets, Collateral Constraints, and Monetary Policy: Do Institutional Factors Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1994. "Bank Real Estate Lending and the New England Capital Crunch," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 33-58.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Richard K. Green & Susan M. Wachter, 2005.
"The American Mortgage in Historical and International Context,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 93-114, Fall.
- Richard K. Green & Susan M. Wachter, 2005. "The American Mortgage in Historical and International Context," Working Paper 9094, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- N/A, 1991. "Appraisal," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 138(1), pages 3-5, November.
- Mei, Jianping & Lee, Ahyee, 1994. "Is There a Real Estate Factor Premium?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 113-126, September.
- Mei, Jianping & Saunders, Anthony, 1995. "Bank Risk and Real Estate: An Asset Pricing Perspective," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 199-224, May.
- Hancock, Diana & Wilcox, James A., 1994. "Bank Capital, Loan Delinquencies, and Real Estate Lending," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 121-146, June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Geltner, David Michael, 1991. "Smoothing in Appraisal-Based Returns," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 327-345, September.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1996.
"Bank Regulatory Agreements and Real Estate Lending,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 55-73.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1995. "Bank regulatory agreements and real estate lending," Working Papers 95-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Hancock, Diana & Wilcox James A., 1993. "Has There Been a Capital Crunch in Banking? The Effects on Bank Lending of Real Estate Market Conditions and Bank Capital Shortfalls," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 31-50, December.
- Kim, Dongcheol, 1997. "A Reexamination of Firm Size, Book-to-Market, and Earnings Price in the Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(04), pages 463-489, December.
- Richard J. Herring & Susan Wachter, 1999. "Real Estate Booms and Banking Busts: An International Perspective," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Marcus T. Allen & Jeff Madura & Kenneth J. Wiant, 1995. "Commercial Bank Exposure and Sensitivity to the Real Estate Market," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 129-140.
- He, Ling T & Myer, F C Neil & Webb, James R, 1996. "The Sensitivity of Bank Stock Returns to Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 203-220, March.
- Viale, Ariel M. & Kolari, James W. & Fraser, Donald R., 2009. "Common risk factors in bank stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 464-472, March.
- David Geltner & David C. Ling, 2006. "Considerations in the Design and Construction of Investment Real Estate Research Indices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(4), pages 411-444.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbara Fidanza & Ottorino Morresi, 2015. "Does the Fama-Franch three-factor model work in the financial industry? Evidence from European bank stocks," Working Papers 47-2015, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised May 2015.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Kurmann, Philipp, 2014. "Bank risk factors and changing risk exposures: Capital market evidence before and during the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 151-166.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Kurmann, Philipp & Nohel, Tom, 2015. "Time-varying systematic and idiosyncratic risk exposures of US bank holding companies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 45-68.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijspmg:v:20:y:2016:i:2:p:142-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/TSPM20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.