School to Work Transition, Employment Attainment and Vet Theories Guide for Policy Makers
The employment attainment after a vocational training course, in a lifelong learning perspective is due to several factors, those inherent to the individual and those through exogenous scopes. In this theoretical revue we identify the most and the least notorious theories that can support policy maker's decisions. This paper is a result of a subchapter of the author's PhD thesis. The usefulness of the theories briefly described is under the reader's verdict and judgment. The objective is barely to share a structured way to compare eleven "big groups" of theories, underneath ten different elements, that are commonly the aim of public and private policies.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1979. "On the weak versus the strong version of the screening hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 181-185.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173, December.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, December.
- Ronald W. McQuaid & Colin Lindsay, 2005. "The Concept of Employability," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Robert Boyer, 2006. "Employment and decent work in the era of flexicurity," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590452, HAL.
- Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimuller, Josef, 1992. "Do They Come Back Again? Job Search, Labour Market Segmentation and State Dependence as Explanations of Repeat Unemployment," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 273-92.
- Cecilia Albert Verdú & Luis Toharia Cortés & Rosario Sánchez Pérez & Juan Pablo Juárez, 1998. "- Las Transiciones De Los Jóvenes De La Escuela Al Mercado De Trabajo: Un Análisis De Flujos," Working Papers. Serie EC 1998-24, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Paul Swaim & Michael Podgursky, 1990. "Advance Notice and Job Search: The Value of an Early Start," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(2), pages 147-178.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1987. "Job Search by Employed and Unemployed Youth," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 40(4), pages 601-611, July.
- Bryant, Richard R., 1990. "Job search and information processing in the presence of nonrational behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 249-260, October.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00590452 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen R. G. Jones, 1988. "The Relationship Between Unemployment Spells and Reservation Wages as a Test of Search Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(4), pages 741-765.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:srs:jres12:4:v:1:y:2010:i:2:p:125-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Ungureanu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.