Diversification And Development Of The United Arab Emirates' Economy
This contribution examines the major features of UAE's economy, its factors of strengths, underlying also its critical aspects. Furthermore, the work focuses on the crucial factors that characterize a diversified knowledge economy and indicates the policies that the economy of the United Arab Emirates must pursue in order to improve its performance and be a competitive economy at a global level. In addition, the paper seeks to identify new business areas for the diversification and development of the UAE's economy.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999. "Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2232, David K. Levine.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2010. "Investing in Knowledge: Knowledge, Human Capital and Institutions for the Long Run Growth," Chapters,in: Governance of Innovation, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2008. "Investing in Knowledge: Knowledge, Human Capital and Institutions for the Long Run Growth," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0804, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Daniele SCHILIRÒ, 2012. "Knowledge-Based Economies And The Institutional Environment," Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 42-50, June.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2010. "Knowledge-based economies and the institutional environment," MPRA Paper 37138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer S. & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2007. "Sources of Growth Revisited: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 752-771, May.
- Daniele SCHILIRO, 2011. "Innovation And Performance Of Italian Multinational Enterprises Of The "Fourth Capitalism"," Journal of Advanced Research in Management, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 89-103, December.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011. "Innovation and performance of Italian multinational enterprises of the “fourth capitalism”," MPRA Paper 34916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1960. "Capital Formation by Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 571-571.
- Omar Masood & Bruno S. Sergi, 2008. "Quantitative measurement of economic sectors effect on the non-oil GDP in United Arab Emirates," International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 239-258.
- Mohit VIJ & Anu VIJ, 2012. "Tourism And Carbon Foot Prints In United Arab Emirates – Challenges And Solutions," Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 41-54, June.
- Tarik M. Yousef, 2004. "Development, Growth and Policy Reform in the Middle East and North Africa since 1950," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 91-115, Summer.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Employment protection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-159, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)