How Does Social Trust Affect Economic Growth?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Weede, Erich & Kampf, Sebastian, 2002. "The Impact of Intelligence and Institutional Improvements on Economic Growth," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 361-380.
- Wacziarg, Romain, 1998. "Measuring the dynamic gains from trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2001, The World Bank.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "On the Political Foundations of the Late Medieval Commercial Revolution: Genoa During the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(02), pages 271-287, June.
- Temple, Jonathan R. W., 2001. "Generalizations that aren't? Evidence on education and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 905-918, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Forte, Anabel & Peiró-Palomino, Jesús & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2015.
"Does social capital matter for European regional growth?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 47-64.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino & Anabel Forte Deltell, 2013. "Does social capital matter for European regional growth?," Working Papers 2013/02, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Peiró Palomino Jesús & Forte Deltell Anabel & Tortosa-Ausina Emili, 2014. "Does Social Capital Matter for European Regional Growth," Working Papers 2014130, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Iván Arribas & Jesús Peiró-Palomino & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2015. "Is full banking integration desirable?," Working Papers 2015/05, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Horváth, Roman, 2013.
"Does trust promote growth?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 777-788.
- Roman Horváth, 2012. "Does Trust Promote Growth?," Working Papers IES 2012/09, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2012.
- Roman Horváth, 2012. "Does Trust Promote Growth?," Working Papers 319, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Peiró-Palomino, Jesús & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2013.
"Can trust effects on development be generalized? A response by quantile,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 377-390.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2012. "Can trust effects on development be generalized? A response by quantile," Working Papers 2012/16, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Peiró Palomino Jesús & Tortosa-Ausina Emili, 2013. "Can Trust Effects on Development be Generalized? A Response by Quantile," Working Papers 2013128, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Tobias, Jutta M. & Mair, Johanna & Barbosa-Leiker, Celestina, 2013. "Toward a theory of transformative entrepreneuring: Poverty reduction and conflict resolution in Rwanda's entrepreneurial coffee sector," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 728-742.
- Kim, Byung-Yeon & Kang, Youngho, 2014. "Social capital and entrepreneurial activity: A pseudo-panel approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 47-60.
- Jordaan, Jacob A. & Dima, Bogdan & Goleț, Ionuț, 2016. "Do societal values influence financial development? New evidence on the effects of post materialism and institutions on stock markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PA), pages 197-216.
- Al-Ississ, Mohamad & Bohnet, Iris, 2016. "Risk mitigation and trust: Experimental Evidence from Jordan and the United States," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 83-98.
- Thomas Farole & Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2007.
"Social capital, rules, and institutions: A cross-country investigation,"
Sciences Po publications
2007-12, Sciences Po.
- Thomas Farole & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2007. "Social capital, rules, and institutions: A cross-country investigation," Working Papers 2007-12, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Peter Huber & Thomas Leoni & Hans Pitlik, 2013. "Reforming Welfare States," WWWforEurope Deliverables series 1, WWWforEurope.
- Matear, Margaret & Dacin, Peter A., 2010. "Marketing and societal welfare: A multiple stakeholder approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1173-1178, November.
- Hans Pitlik & Ludek Kouba, 2015.
"Does social distrust always lead to a stronger support for government intervention?,"
Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 355-377, June.
- Pitlik, Hans & Kouba, Ludek, 2014. "Does social distrust always lead to a stronger support for government intervention?," Ratio Working Papers 227, The Ratio Institute.
- Hans Pitlik & Ludek Kouba, 2014. "Does social distrust always lead to a stronger support for government intervention?," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 8, WWWforEurope.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2009. "The relationship between trust and networks. An exploratory empirical analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 661-672.
- Werner, Katharina, 2016. "Whom do people trust after a violent conflict? Experimental evidence from Maluku, Indonesia," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Volkswirtschaftliche Reihe V-73-16, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Bergh, Andreas & Bjørnskov, Christian, 2016. "Burying the Bumblebee Once and for All:," Working Paper Series 1119, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2015.
"Taxing mobile capital and profits: The nordic welfare states,"
2015/30, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Guttorm Schjelderup, 2015. "Taxing Mobile Capital and Profits: The Nordic Welfare States," CESifo Working Paper Series 5603, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino, 2016.
"Social Capital and Economic Growth in Europe: Nonlinear Trends and Heterogeneous Regional Effects,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 78(5), pages 717-751, October.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino, 2014. "Social capital and economic growth in Europe: nonlinear trends and heterogeneous regional effects," Working Papers 2014/17, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Afandi, Elvin & Kermani, Majid, 2012. "The Relationship between Trust and a Firm’s Access to Financing: Evidence from Transitional Countries," MPRA Paper 46998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Jalil & Iffat Rabab, 2017. "The Economic Payoffs of Trust: An Empirical Investigation from Developing Countries Robust to Jackknife Coefficient Distribution," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 1121-1144, April.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino, 2013. "European regional convergence revisited: The role of space and the intangible assets," Working Papers 2013/11, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Sabatini, Fabio & Sarracino, Francesco, 2015. "Online social networks and trust," MPRA Paper 62506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2014. "On the sources of European regional convergence: Does social capital have an economic payoff?," Working Papers 2014/16, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Hans Pitlik & Ludek Kouba, 2013. "The interrelation of informal institutions and governance quality in shaping Welfare State attitudes," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 38, WWWforEurope.
- Ahmad, Mahyudin & Hall, Stephen G., 2014. "Explaining social capital effects on growth and property rights via trust-alternative variables," MPRA Paper 58358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sej:ancoec:v:78:4:y:2012:p:1346-1368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.