Social Network and Weight Misperception among Adolescents
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fortin, Bernard & Yazbeck, Myra, 2015.
"Peer effects, fast food consumption and adolescent weight gain,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 125-138.
- Bernard Fortin & Myra Yazbeck, 2011. "Peer Effects, Fast Food Consumption and Adolescent Weight Gain," Cahiers de recherche 1103, CIRPEE.
- Fortin, Bernard & Yazbeck, Myra, 2015. "Peer Effects, Fast Food Consumption and Adolescent Weight Gain," IZA Discussion Papers 9087, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bernard Fortin & Myra Yazbeck, 2011. "Peer Effects, Fast Food Consumption and Adolescent Weight Gain," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-20, CIRANO.
- Bernard Fortin & Myra Yazbeck, 2015. "Peer Effects, Fast Food Consumption and Adolescent Weight Gain," Cahiers de recherche 1507, Chaire de recherche Industrielle Alliance sur les enjeux économiques des changements démographiques.
- Mooney, Stephen J. & El-Sayed, Abdulrahman M., 2016. "Stigma and the etiology of depression among the obese: An agent-based exploration," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 1-7.
- Barbieri, Paolo Nicola, 2015.
"Social Distortion in Weight Perception: A Decomposition of the Obesity Epidemic,"
Working Papers in Economics
639, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Barbieri, Paolo Nicola, 2015. "Social Distortion in Weight Perception: A Decomposition of the Obesity Epidemic," MPRA Paper 68182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mir M Ali & Travis Minor & Aliaksandr Amialchuk, 2013. "Estimating the Biases Associated with Self-Perceived, Self-Reported, and Measured BMI on Mental Health," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(12), pages 1-5, December.
- Gillian Santorelli & Emily S Petherick & John Wright & Brad Wilson & Haider Samiei & Noël Cameron & William Johnson, 2013. "Developing Prediction Equations and a Mobile Phone Application to Identify Infants at Risk of Obesity," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(8), pages 1-8, August.
- Mir M. Ali & Aliaksandr Amialchuk & Song Gao & Frank Heiland, 2012. "Adolescent weight gain and social networks: is there a contagion effect?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(23), pages 2969-2983, August.
- Ali, Mir M. & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Rizzo, John A., 2012. "The influence of body weight on social network ties among adolescents," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 20-34.
- Nie, Peng & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & He, Xiaobo, 2015.
"Peer effects on childhood and adolescent obesity in China,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 47-69.
- Nie, Peng & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & He, Xiaobo, 2014. "Peer Effects on Childhood and Adolescent Obesity in China," IZA Discussion Papers 8528, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Martin, Molly A. & Frisco, Michelle L. & Nau, Claudia & Burnett, Kristin, 2012. "Social stratification and adolescent overweight in the United States: How income and educational resources matter across families and schools," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(4), pages 597-606.
- Prina, Silvia & Royer, Heather, 2014. "The importance of parental knowledge: Evidence from weight report cards in Mexico," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 232-247.
- Evans, Clare R. & Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Williams, David R. & Subramanian, S.V., 2016. "Multiple contexts and adolescent body mass index: Schools, neighborhoods, and social networks," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 21-31.
- Cam Hebda & Jeffrey Wagner, 2016. "Nudging healthy food consumption and sustainability in food deserts," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 57-71, March.
- Ali, Mir M. & Rizzo, John A. & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Heiland, Frank, 2014. "Racial differences in the influence of female adolescents’ body size on dating and sex," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 140-152.
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sej:ancoec:v:77:4:y:2011:p:827-842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Laura Razzolini to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.