Response by Adults to Increases in Cigarette Prices by Sociodemographic Characteristics
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven F. Koch & Gauthier Tshiswaka-Kashalala, 2008. "Tobacco Substitution and the Poor," Working Papers 200832, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Nuria Badenes-Plá & Andrew M. Jones, 2003. "Addictive goods and taxes: A survey from an economic perspective," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 167(4), pages 123-153, December.
- DeCicca, Philip & McLeod, Logan, 2008. "Cigarette taxes and older adult smoking: Evidence from recent large tax increases," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 918-929, July.
- Sarah Brown & Mark N. Harris & Jake Prendergast & Preety Srivastava, 2015. "Pharmaceutical drug misuse: are industry of employment and occupation risk factors?," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5-6), pages 398-417, November.
- Wehby, George L. & Courtemanche, Charles J., 2012.
"The heterogeneity of the cigarette price effect on body mass index,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 719-729.
- George Wehby & Charles J. Courtemanche, 2012. "The Heterogeneity of the Cigarette Price Effect on Body Mass Index," NBER Working Papers 18087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarah Brown & Mark N Harris & Jake Prendergast & Preety Srivastava, 2015. "Pharmaceutical Drug Misuse, Industry of Employment and Occupation," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1501, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Gregory J. Colman & Dahlia K. Remler, 2008.
"Vertical equity consequences of very high cigarette tax increases: If the poor are the ones smoking, how could cigarette tax increases be progressive?,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 376-400.
- Greg Colman & Dahlia K. Remler, 2004. "Vertical Equity Consequences of Very High Cigarette Tax Increases: If the Poor are the Ones Smoking, How Could Cigarette Tax Increases be Progressive?," NBER Working Papers 10906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles L. Baum & Shin-Yi Chou, 2011. "The Socio-Economic Causes of Obesity," NBER Working Papers 17423, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peretti-Watel, Patrick & L’haridon, Olivier & Seror, Valerie, 2012.
"Responses to increasing cigarette prices in France: How did persistent smokers react?,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 169-176.
- Patrick Peretti-Watel & Olivier L'Haridon & Valérie Seror, 2012. "Responses to increasing cigarette prices in France: How did persistent smokers react?," Post-Print halshs-00707192, HAL.
- Cash, Sean B. & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2004. "Fat Taxes And Thin Subsidies: Prices, Diet, And Health Outcomes," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19961, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dinno, Alexis & Glantz, Stanton, 2009. "Tobacco control policies are egalitarian: A vulnerabilities perspective on clean indoor air laws, cigarette prices, and tobacco use disparities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1439-1447, April.
- Michael F. Pesko & John A. Tauras & Jidong Huang & Frank J. Chaloupka, IV, 2016. "The Influence of Geography and Measurement in Estimating Cigarette Price Responsiveness," NBER Working Papers 22296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- New York State Department of Health & (Kevin Davis) & (Matthew Farrelly) & (Qiang Li) & (Andrew Hyland), 2006. "Cigarette Purchasing Patterns among New York Smokers: Implications for Health, Price, and Revenue," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt8026w9n0, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- Mark Stehr, 2007. "The effect of cigarette taxes on smoking among men and women," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(12), pages 1333-1343.
- Kevin Callison & Robert Kaestner, 2014.
"Do Higher Tobacco Taxes Reduce Adult Smoking? New Evidence Of The Effect Of Recent Cigarette Tax Increases On Adult Smoking,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 155-172, January.
- Kevin Callison & Robert Kaestner, 2012. "Do Higher Tobacco Taxes Reduce Adult Smoking? New Evidence of the Effect of Recent Cigarette Tax Increases on Adult Smoking," NBER Working Papers 18326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11150-015-9290-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael T. Owyang & E. Katarina Vermann, 2012. "Where there’s a smoking ban, there’s still fire," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue July, pages 265-286.
- Johanna Catherine MacLean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2016.
"Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 424-438, April.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Asia Sikora Kessler & Donald S. Kenkel, 2015. "Cigarette Taxes and Older Adult Smoking: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," DETU Working Papers 1502, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Montez, Jennifer Karas & Hayward, Mark D. & Wolf, Douglas A., 2017. "Do U.S. states' socioeconomic and policy contexts shape adult disability?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 115-126.
- Ramanan Laxminarayan & Anil Deolalikar, 2004. "Tobacco initiation, cessation, and change: evidence from Vietnam," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(12), pages 1191-1201.
- Farrelly, Matthew C. & Pechacek, Terry F. & Chaloupka, Frank J., 2003. "The impact of tobacco control program expenditures on aggregate cigarette sales: 1981-2000," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 843-859, September.
- Schaap, Maartje M. & Kunst, Anton E. & Leinsalu, Mall & Regidor, Enrique & Espelt, Albert & Ekholm, Ola & Helmert, Uwe & Klumbiene, Jurate & Mackenbach, Johan P., 2009. "Female ever-smoking, education, emancipation and economic development in 19 European countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1271-1278, April.
- Matthew C. Farrelly & Terry F. Pechacek & Frank J. Chaloupka, 2001. "The Impact of Tobacco Control Program Expenditures on Aggregate Cigarette Sales: 1981-1998," NBER Working Papers 8691, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles L. Baum, 2009. "The effects of cigarette costs on BMI and obesity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 3-19.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sej:ancoec:v:68:1:y:2001:p:156-165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Razzolini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .