Some Thoughts on Regional Economics as a Source of Scholarly Contributions
The present study seeks to extend the depth and scope of an earlier study by Isserman (2004). In particular, using Isserman (2004) as a starting point and using more recent data [for the years 2005 through 2009], this study seeks to provide a broader and more in-depth perspective on the role and relative contribution of Regional Economics research to pertinent related scholarly literature as a whole. Interestingly, by taking into consideration the size of a subfield or field in terms of the number of its SSCI-journals, Regional Science journals may well manifest a higher impact than the journals of Economics and Geography. Hence, RSAI journals appear to be contributing quite productively, given the relative size of their field.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roberta Capello, 2008. "Regional economics in its 1950s: recent theoretical directions and future challenges," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 747-767, December.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Cebula, Richard J. & Alexander, Gigi M., 2006. "Determinants of Net Interstate Migration, 2000-2004," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2).
- Durden, Garey C. & Knox, Hugh W., 2000. "The Southern Regional Science Association and The Review of Regional Studies: History and Characteristics," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 30(1), pages 93-114, Summer.
- Gaines Liner & Minesh Amin, 2004. "Methods of ranking economics journals," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 32(2), pages 140-149, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rre:publsh:v:40:y:2010:i:2:p:227-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark L. Burkey)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.