Labor Productivity Differences in China 1987-1997: An Interregional Decomposition Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Wu, Yi, 2001.
"Globalization and Inequality: Evidence from within China,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3088, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yi Wu, 2001. "Globalization and Inequality: Evidence from Within China," NBER Working Papers 8611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Tung & Li, Kui-Wai, 2006.
"Disparity in factor contributions between coastal and inner provinces in post-reform China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 449-470.
- Tung Liu & Kui-Wai Li, 2005. "Disparity in Factor Contributions between Coastal and Inner Provinces in Post-reform China," Working Papers 200502, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2006.
- Yang, Dennis Tao, 2002. "What has caused regional inequality in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 331-334, December.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Alex R. Hoen & Bart Los, 2000. "Labor Productivity in Western Europe 1975-1985: An Intercountry, Interindustry Analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 425-452.
- Cai, Fang & Wang, Dewen & Du, Yang, 2002. "Regional disparity and economic growth in China: The impact of labor market distortions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 197-212.
- Demurger, Sylvie & Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Woo, Wing Thye & BAO, Shuming & Chang, Gene, 2002. "The relative contributions of location and preferential policies in China's regional development: being in the right place and having the right incentives," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 444-465, December.
- Meng, Bo & Chao, Qu, 2007. "Application of the Input-Output Decomposition Technique to China's Regional Economies," IDE Discussion Papers 102, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Tybout, James R, 1992. "Linking Trade and Productivity: New Research Directions," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 189-211, May.
- Haishun Sun & Ashok Parikh, 2001. "Exports, Inward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) and Regional Economic Growth in China," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 187-196.
- Dietzenbacher, Erik & Hoen, Alex R, 1998. "Deflation of Input-Output Tables from the User's Point of View: A Heuristic Approach," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(1), pages 111-122, March.
- Shuntaro Shishido & Makoto Nobukuni & Kazumi Kawamura & Takahiro Akita & Shunichi Furukawa, 2000. "An International Comparison of Leontief Input-Output Coefficients and its Application to Structural Growth Patterns," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 45-64.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:2:p:281-298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ling & Lahr, Michael L., 2010. "Sources of Chinese labor productivity growth: A structural decomposition analysis, 1987-2005," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 557-570, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2486-:d:158250 is not listed on IDEAS
- Strohmaier, R. & Rainer, A., 2016. "Studying general purpose technologies in a multi-sector framework: The case of ICT in Denmark," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 34-49.
- Strohmaier, Rita & Rainer, Andreas, 2013. "On the Eonomic Purpose of General Purpose Technologies: A Combined Classical and Evolutionary Framework," MPRA Paper 45964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Almas Heshmati & Biwei Su, 2013.
"Development and Sources of Labor Productivity in Chinese Provinces,"
China Economic Policy Review (CEPR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(02), pages 1-30.
- Su, Biwei & Heshmati, Almas, 2011. "Development and Sources of Labor Productivity in Chinese Provinces," IZA Discussion Papers 6263, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eduardo Haddad & Michael Lahr & Dina Elshahawany & MoisÃ©s Vassallo, 2015. "Regional Analysis of Domestic Integration in Egypt," ERSA conference papers ersa15p159, European Regional Science Association.
- Zhang, Haiyan & Lahr, Michael L., 2014. "China's energy consumption change from 1987 to 2007: A multi-regional structural decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 682-693.
- Xuemei Jiang & Erik Dietzenbacher & Bart Los, 2014. "A dissection of the growth of regional disparities in Chinese labor productivity between 1997 and 2002," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 513-536, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment Data; Input Output; Interregional trade; Labor Productivity; Productivity; Regional; Regions;
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rre:publsh:v:38:y:2008:i:3:p:319-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Yencha). General contact details of provider: http://www.srsa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.