Evaluations of Regional Competitiveness: Making a Case for Case Studies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephan J. Goetz & David Freshwater, 2001. "State-Level Determinants of Entrepreneurship and a Preliminary Measure of Entrepreneurial Climate," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 15(1), pages 58-70, February.
- Smith, Stephen M., 2005. "Policy Research in the Review of Regional Studies," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 1-7.
- Edward Malecki, 2004. "Jockeying for Position: What It Means and Why It Matters to Regional Development Policy When Places Compete," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1101-1120.
- Ziona Austrian, 2000. "Cluster Case Studies: The Marriage of Quantitative and Qualitative Information for Action," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 97-110, February.
- Philip Mccann, 2007. "Observational Equivalence? Regional Studies and Regional Science," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(9), pages 1209-1222.
- Randall W. Eberts & George Erickcek & Jack Kleinhenz, 2006. "Dashboard indicators for the Northeast Ohio economy: prepared for the Fund for Our Economic Future," Working Paper 0605, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Joseph Cortright & Heike Mayer, 2004. "Increasingly Rank: the Use and Misuse of Rankings in Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 18(1), pages 34-39, February.
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters,in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- David L. Barkley & Mark S. Henry, 1997. "Rural Industrial Development: To Cluster or Not to Cluster?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 308-325.
- Francis J. Greene & Paul Tracey & Marc Cowling, 2007. "Recasting the City into City-Regions: Place Promotion, Competitiveness Benchmarking and the Quest for Urban Supremacy," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 1-22.
- Camagni, Roberto, 2002. "On the concept of territorial competitiveness: sound or misleading?," ERSA conference papers ersa02p518, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Woodward, Douglas P., 2012. "Presidential Address: Industry Location, Economic Development Incentives, and Clusters," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 42(1), pages 5-23, Spring.
- Julie A. Silva, 2013. "Rural Income Inequality in Mozambique: National Dynamics and Local Experiences?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 23-50, Summer.
- Isserman, Andrew M., 2010. "A Space Odyssey: The Future Is Not What It Used to Be--A Babyboomer's Travel Guide and Challenge to Young Explorers," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 135-143.
- Edward Feser, 2013. "Issermanâ€™s Impact," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 36(1), pages 44-68, January.
More about this item
KeywordsPolicy; Regional; Regional Development; Regions;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rre:publsh:v:38:y:2008:i:2:p:121-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Yencha). General contact details of provider: http://www.srsa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.