Geographic and Temporal Heterogeneity in Public Prescription Pharmaceutical Expenditures in Spain
A panel of aggregate data for 50 provinces is used to analyze Spain's per capita public pharmaceutical expenditures. In contrast to previous practice, our approach permits the analysis of the effects determinants on pharmaceutical expenditure to be heterogeneous across years and provinces. Considerable parametric heterogeneity over time as well as across provinces is found, even after controlling for residual temporal heterogeneity and interdependence as well as residual spatial spillovers. This underlines the need for using disaggregate spatial data when attempting to model macroeconomic behavior.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillem Lopez-Casasnovas & Joan Costa-Font & Ivan Planas, 2005. "Diversity and regional inequalities in the Spanish 'system of health care services'," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 221-235.
- Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2004. "Incentives and pharmaceutical reimbursement reforms in Spain," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 149-165, February.
- Guillem López-Casasnovas & Marc Saez, 2007.
"A multilevel analysis on the determinants of regional health care expenditure: a note,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 8(1), pages 59-65, March.
- Guillem López & Marc Sáez, 2001. "A multilevel analysis on the determinants of regional health care expenditure. A note," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 572, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Guillem López & Marc Sáez, 2001. "A multilevel analysis on the determinants of regional health care expenditure. A note," Economics Working Papers 572, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Joines, Jerry D. & Hertz-Picciotto, Irva & Carey, Timothy S. & Gesler, Wilbert & Suchindran, Chirayath, 2003. "A spatial analysis of county-level variation in hospitalization rates for low back problems in North Carolina," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 2541-2553, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rre:publsh:v:38:y:2008:i:1:p:89-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark L. Burkey)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.