Proprietorship Formations and U.S. Job Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1999.
"A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(2), pages 509-533, May.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1995. "A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model," Electronic Working Papers 95-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Mar 1997.
- Russell S. Sobel & Andrea M Dean, 2008.
"Has Wal-Mart Buried Mom And Pop?: The Impact Of Wal-Mart On Self-Employment And Small Establishments In The United States,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(4), pages 676-695, October.
- Russell S. Sobel & Andrea M. Dean, 2006. "Has Wal-Mart Buried Mom and Pop?: The Impact of Wal-Mart on Self Employment and Small Establishments in the United States," Working Papers 06-05 Classification- JEL, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J. & Freshwater, David, 2006. "The production of social capital in US counties," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 83-101, February.
- Adriaan Van Stel & David Storey, 2004.
"The Link between Firm Births and Job Creation: Is there a Upas Tree Effect?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 893-909.
- Adriaan J. van Stel & David J. Storey, 2004. "The link between firm births and job creation: Is there a Upas Tree effect?," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-33, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1980. "Metropolitan Growth and the Intrametropolitan Location of Employment, Housing, and Labor Force," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 491-501, November.
- George W. Hammond & Eric Thompson, 2004. "Employment Risk in U.S. Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Regions: the Influence of Industrial Specialization and Population Characteristics," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 517-542.
- Goetz, Stephan J. & Swaminathan, Hema, 2004. "Wal-Mart and Rural Poverty," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20149, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Stephan J. Goetz & David Freshwater, 2001. "State-Level Determinants of Entrepreneurship and a Preliminary Measure of Entrepreneurial Climate," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 15(1), pages 58-70, February.
- Stephan J. Goetz & Anil Rupasingha, 2002. "High-Tech Firm Clustering: Implications for Rural Areas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1229-1236.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Stephan J. Goetz & David L. Debertin, 2001. "Why Farmers Quit: A County-Level Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 1010-1023.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goetz, Stephan J. & Fleming, David A. & Rupasingha, Anil, 2012. "The Economic Impacts of Self-Employment," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(03), August.
- Swindall, Devin C. & Willis, David B. & Boys, Kathryn A. & Hughes, David W., 2011. "The Determinants of Self-Employed Income in a Regional Economy," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103957, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Strauss, Jack, 2013. "The Economic Gains to Colorado of Amendment 66," MPRA Paper 49928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maureen Kilkenny, 2010. "Urban/Regional Economics And Rural Development," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 449-470.
- Goetz, Stephan J. & Partridge, Mark D. & Deller, Steven C. & Fleming, David A., 2010. "Evaluating U.S. Rural Entrepreneurship Policy," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 40(1).
- Heather M. Stephens & Mark D. Partridge, 2011. "Do Entrepreneurs Enhance Economic Growth in Lagging Regions?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 431-465, December.
- Faggian, Alessandra & Partridge, Mark & Malecki, Ed, 2016. "Creating an environment for economic growth: creativity, entrepreneurship or human capital?," MPRA Paper 71445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Willis, David B. & Boys, Kathryn A. & Hughs, David W. & Swindall, Devin C., 2012. "Evaluating the Determinants of Self-Employed Income Across Regional Economies: A Case-Study of the U.S. Southeast," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124912, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sierdjan Koster, 2011. "Individual foundings and organizational foundings: their effect on employment growth in The Netherlands," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 485-501, May.
- Carlianne Patrick & Heather Stephens & Amanda Weinstein, 2016. "Where are all the self-employed women? Push and pull factors influencing female labor market decisions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 365-390, March.
- Tessa Conroy & Stephan Weiler, 2016. "Does gender matter for job creation? Business ownership and employment growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 397-419, August.
- Anil Rupasingha & Stephan J. Goetz, 2013. "Self-employment and local economic performance: Evidence from US counties," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 141-161, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness Cycle; Contraction; Cycle; Expansion; Self Employment;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rre:publsh:v:37:y:2007:i:2:p:146-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Yencha). General contact details of provider: http://www.srsa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.