Local authority size in theory and practice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-296, June.
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- David N King & Yue Ma, 2000. "Local Authority Provision versus Club Provision," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 18(2), pages 207-223, April.
- McGuire, Martin, 1974. "Group Segregation and Optimal Jurisdictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 112-132, Jan.-Feb..
- Sonstelie, Jon, 1982. "The Welfare Cost of Free Public Schools," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 794-808, August.
- Glazer, Amihai & Niskanen, Esko & Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1997. "On the uses of club theory: Preface to the club theory symposium," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 3-7, July.
- Hochman, Oded & Pines, David & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1995.
"On the Optimal Structure of Local Governments,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1224-1240, December.
- Hochman, Oded & Pines, David & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1994. "On the Optimal Structure of Local Governments," CEPR Discussion Papers 899, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hochman, O. & Pines, D. & Thisse, J.-F., 1995. "On the optimal structure of local governments," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1185, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hochman, Oded, 1981. "Land rents, optimal taxation and local fiscal independence in an economy with local public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 59-85, February.
- Gilbert, Guy & Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Incentives and optimal size of local jurisdictions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 19-41, January.
- D N King, 1994. "A Model of Optimum Local Authority Size," Working Papers Series 94/1, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Li, Xiaoming & Ma, Yue, 1996. "Financial Reforms and Regional Investment Conflicts in China: A Game-Theoretic Analysis," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 117-130.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heinesen, Eskil, 2005. "School district size and student educational attainment: evidence from Denmark," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 677-689, December.
- Rhys Andrews, 2012. "Local Government Size and Efficiency in Labour Intensive Public Services: Evidence from Local Educational Authorities in England," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1214, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- David N King & Yue Ma, 2000. "Local authority provision versus club provision," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(2), pages 207-223, April.
- Rhys Andrews, 2013. "Local government size and efficiency in labor-intensive public services: evidence from local educational authorities in England," Chapters,in: The Challenge of Local Government Size, chapter 7, pages 171-188 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sabrina Iommi & Donatella Marinari, 2016. "Frammentazione comunale e spesa pubblica: una proposta di aggregazione sui sistemi locali del lavoro," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(1), pages 107-136.
- Mark Callanan & Ronan Murphy & Aodh Quinlivan, 2014. "The Risks of Intuition: Size, Costs and Economies of Scale in Local Government," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(3), pages 371-403.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:4:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-016-0026-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Mototsugu Fukushige & Yingxin Shi, 2014. "Efficient Scale of Local Government in China: Quantile Regression Approach to County-Level Data," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-15, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pio:envirc:v:18:y:2000:i:3:p:255-270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond). General contact details of provider: http://www.pion.co.uk .