Determination of thresholds of visual impact: the case of wind turbines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bishop, Ian D. & Miller, David R., 2007. "Visual assessment of off-shore wind turbines: The influence of distance, contrast, movement and social variables," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 814-831.
- Betakova, Vendula & Vojar, Jiri & Sklenicka, Petr, 2015. "Wind turbines location: How many and how far?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 23-31.
- Shafiullah, G.M. & M.T. Oo, Amanullah & Shawkat Ali, A.B.M. & Wolfs, Peter, 2013. "Potential challenges of integrating large-scale wind energy into the power grid–A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 306-321.
- Sklenicka, Petr & Zouhar, Jan, 2018. "Predicting the visual impact of onshore wind farms via landscape indices: A method for objectivizing planning and decision processes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 209(C), pages 445-454.
- Manchado, Cristina & Gomez-Jauregui, Valentin & Otero, César, 2015. "A review on the Spanish Method of visual impact assessment of wind farms: SPM2," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 756-767.
- Dai, Kaoshan & Bergot, Anthony & Liang, Chao & Xiang, Wei-Ning & Huang, Zhenhua, 2015. "Environmental issues associated with wind energy – A review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 911-921.
- Ambrey, Christopher L. & Fleming, Christopher M., 2011.
"Valuing scenic amenity using life satisfaction data,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 106-115.
- Christopher L Ambrey & Christopher M Fleming, 2011. "Valuing scenic amenity using life satisfaction data," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201103, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Tabassum-Abbasi, & Premalatha, M. & Abbasi, Tasneem & Abbasi, S.A., 2014. "Wind energy: Increasing deployment, rising environmental concerns," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 270-288.
- Liljenfeldt, Johanna & Pettersson, Örjan, 2017. "Distributional justice in Swedish wind power development – An odds ratio analysis of windmill localization and local residents’ socio-economic characteristics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 648-657.
- Bishop, Ian D. & Stock, Christian, 2010. "Using collaborative virtual environments to plan wind energy installations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2348-2355.
- Geißler, Gesa & Köppel, Johann & Gunther, Pamela, 2013. "Wind energy and environmental assessments – A hard look at two forerunners' approaches: Germany and the United States," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 71-78.
- Ukashatu Abubakar & Saad Mekhilef & Hazlie Mokhlis & Mehdi Seyedmahmoudian & Ben Horan & Alex Stojcevski & Hussain Bassi & Muhyaddin Jamal Hosin Rawa, 2018. "Transient Faults in Wind Energy Conversion Systems: Analysis, Modelling Methodologies and Remedies," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-33, August.
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016. "The impact of wind farm visibility on property values: A spatial difference-in-differences analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 79-91.
- Möller, Bernd, 2006. "Changing wind-power landscapes: regional assessment of visual impact on land use and population in Northern Jutland, Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(5), pages 477-494, May.
- Jacinto Garrido-Velarde & María Jesús Montero-Parejo & Julio Hernández-Blanco & Lorenzo García-Moruno, 2018. "Visual Analysis of the Height Ratio between Building and Background Vegetation. Two Rural Cases of Study: Spain and Sweden," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-17, July.
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2014. "Local Impacts of Wind Farms on Property Values: A Spatial Difference-in-Differences Analysis," FCN Working Papers 1/2014, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Oct 2014.
- Manchado, Cristina & Gomez-Jauregui, Valentin & Lizcano, Piedad E. & Iglesias, Andres & Galvez, Akemi & Otero, Cesar, 2019. "Wind farm repowering guided by visual impact criteria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 197-207.
- Griffin, Robert & Chaumont, Nicolas & Denu, Douglas & Guerry, Anne & Kim, Choong-Ki & Ruckelshaus, Mary, 2015. "Incorporating the visibility of coastal energy infrastructure into multi-criteria siting decisions," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 218-223.
- Jallouli, J. & Moreau, G., 2009. "An immersive path-based study of wind turbines' landscape: A French case in Plouguin," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 597-607.
- Wróżyński, Rafał & Sojka, Mariusz & Pyszny, Krzysztof, 2016. "The application of GIS and 3D graphic software to visual impact assessment of wind turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 625-635.
- Molnarova, Kristina & Sklenicka, Petr & Stiborek, Jiri & Svobodova, Kamila & Salek, Miroslav & Brabec, Elizabeth, 2012. "Visual preferences for wind turbines: Location, numbers and respondent characteristics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 269-278.
- Torres Sibille, Ana del Carmen & Cloquell-Ballester, Víctor-Andrés & Cloquell-Ballester, Vicente-Agustín & Darton, Richard, 2009. "Development and validation of a multicriteria indicator for the assessment of objective aesthetic impact of wind farms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 40-66, January.
- Jones, Christopher R. & Richard Eiser, J., 2010. "Understanding 'local' opposition to wind development in the UK: How big is a backyard?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3106-3117, June.
- Chiabrando, Roberto & Fabrizio, Enrico & Garnero, Gabriele, 2011. "On the applicability of the visual impact assessment OAISPP tool to photovoltaic plants," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 845-850, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pio:envirb:v:29:y:2002:i:5:p:707-718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Neil Hammond to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.pion.co.uk .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.