Accessibility, attraction, and potential: a review of some concepts and their use in determining mobility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- R W Vickerman, 1974. "Accessibility, Attraction, and Potential: A Review of Some Concepts and Their Use in Determining Mobility," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 6(6), pages 675-691, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Alonso & M. Beamonte & P. Gargallo & M. Salvador, 2014. "Labour and residential accessibility: a Bayesian analysis based on Poisson gravity models with spatial effects," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 409-439, October.
- Ottensmann, John R. & Lindsey, Greg, 2008. "A Use-Based Measure of Accessibility to Linear Features to Predict Urban Trail Use," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(1), pages 41-63.
- Mengying Cui & David Levinson, 2016. "Full cost analysis of accessibility," Working Papers 154, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Thirayoot Limanond & Debbie Niemeier, 2004. "Effect of land use on decisions of shopping tour generation: A case study of three traditional neighborhoods in WA," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 153-181, May.
- Boisjoly, Geneviève & El-Geneidy, Ahmed M., 2017. "How to get there? A critical assessment of accessibility objectives and indicators in metropolitan transportation plans," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 38-50.
- Haibing Jiang & David Levinson, 2016. "Accessibility and the Evaluation of Investments on the Beijing Subway," Working Papers 000146, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- El-Geneidy, Ahmed & Levinson, David & Diab, Ehab & Boisjoly, Genevieve & Verbich, David & Loong, Charis, 2016.
"The cost of equity: Assessing transit accessibility and social disparity using total travel cost,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 302-316.
- Ahmed El-Geneidy & David Levinson & Ehab Diab & Genevieve Boisjoly & David Verbich & Charis Loong, 2015. "The cost of equity: Assessing transit accessibility and social disparity using total travel cost," Working Papers 000140, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- repec:eee:transa:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:414-426 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wenjie Wu & Yutian Liang & Di Wu, 2016. "Evaluating the Impact of China’s Rail Network Expansions on Local Accessibility: A Market Potential Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-11, May.
- repec:eee:transb:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:209-238 is not listed on IDEAS
- Metin Senbil & Ryuichi Kitamura & Jamilah Mohamad, 2009. "Residential location, vehicle ownership and travel in Asia: a comparative analysis of Kei-Han-Shin and Kuala Lumpur metropolitan areas," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 325-350, May.
- Jesus Gonzalez-Feliu & Aurélie Mercier, 2013. "A combined people-freight accessibility approach for urban retailing and leisure planning at strategic level," Post-Print halshs-00919537, HAL.
- Ahmed El-Geneidy & David Levinson, 2011. "Place Rank: Valuing Spatial Interactions," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 643-659, December.
- Mengying Cui & David Levinson, 2015. "Accessibility and the Ring of Unreliability," Working Papers 000133, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Ricardo S. Martins & Mauro Borges Lemos, 2006.
"Corredor Centro-Leste: Sistemas De Transporte De Minas Gerais Na Perspectivas Dos Eixos De Desenvolvimento E Integração,"
Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais],in: João Antonio de Paula & et alli (ed.), Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais]
Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Ricardo S. Martins & Mauro Borges Lemos, 2006. "Corredor centro-leste: sistemas de transporte de Minas Gerais na perspectivas dos eixos de desenvolvimento e integração," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td289, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Aurélie Mercier & Nicolas Ovtracht & Benjamin Buettner & Chenyi Ji & Johannes Keller & Gebhard Wulfhorst, 2013. "Des stress-tests pour une mobilité durable : une approche par l’accessibilité. Rapport final," Working Papers halshs-01707100, HAL.
- Dong, Xiaojing & Ben-Akiva, Moshe E. & Bowman, John L. & Walker, Joan L., 2006. "Moving from trip-based to activity-based measures of accessibility," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 163-180, February.
- Pooler, James A., 1995. "The use of spatial separation in the measurement of transportation accessibility," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 421-427, November.
- Sohn, Keemin & Kim, Daehyun, 2010. "Zonal centrality measures and the neighborhood effect," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 733-743, November.
- Jasper Willigers & Han Floor & Bert Van Wee, 2005. "High-speed railÂ’s impact on the location of office employment within the Dutch Randstad area," ERSA conference papers ersa05p308, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:elg:eechap:14395_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Jiménez & Jordi Perdiguero, 2011. "Does Accessibility Affect Retail Prices and Competition? An Empirical Application," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 677-699, December.
- Tong, Lu & Zhou, Xuesong & Miller, Harvey J., 2015. "Transportation network design for maximizing space–time accessibility," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 555-576.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pio:envira:v:6:y:1974:i:6:p:675-691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond). General contact details of provider: http://www.pion.co.uk .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.