R&D Spending and Economic Growth in Selected OECD Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert Tamura, 1994.
"Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth,"
NBER Chapters, in: Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education, Third Edition, pages 323-350,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert Tamura, "undated". "Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 90-5a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy & Robert F. Tamura, 1990. "Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1989.
"Product Development and International Trade,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1261-1283, December.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1988. "Product Development and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 2540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Grossman, Gene M., 1989. "Product Development and International Trade," Scholarly Articles 3445094, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1988. "Product Development And International Trade," Papers 132, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1991.
"Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 43-61.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Quality Ledders In The Theory Of Growth," Papers 148, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1989. "Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth," NBER Working Papers 3099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Heath, Rachel & Mushfiq Mobarak, A., 2015.
"Manufacturing growth and the lives of Bangladeshi women,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-15.
- Rachel Heath & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Manufacturing Growth and the Lives of Bangladeshi Women," NBER Working Papers 20383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heath, Rachel & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2014. "Manufacturing Growth and the Lives of Bangladeshi Women," IZA Discussion Papers 8483, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hünermund, Paul & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2019. "Estimating the causal effect of R&D subsidies in a pan-European program," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 115-124.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Jones, Charles I, 1995. "R&D-Based Models of Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(4), pages 759-784, August.
- Blanchard, Emily J. & Olney, William W., 2017. "Globalization and human capital investment: Export composition drives educational attainment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 165-183.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu, Haijing & Devece, Caarlos & Martinez, José Manuel Guaita & Xu, Bing, 2021. "An analysis of the paradox in R&D. Insight from a new spatial heterogeneity model," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 165(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dimitrios Paparas & Christian Richter, 2015. "Fiscal policy and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the European Union," Working Papers 2015.06, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Aribah Aslam, 2020. "The hotly debate of human capital and economic growth: why institutions may matter?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1351-1362, August.
- Charles I. Jones, 2019. "Paul Romer: Ideas, Nonrivalry, and Endogenous Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 121(3), pages 859-883, July.
- Lukas Matejovsky & Sandeep Mohapatra & Bodo Steiner, 2014. "The Dynamic Effects of Entrepreneurship on Regional Economic Growth: Evidence from Canada," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 611-639, December.
- Ho Thuy Ai & Ping, Lin, 2018. "Impacts of fiscal policy on economic growth: Another look from institutional perspective," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-45, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alejandro Diaz-Bautista, 2005. "Convergence and Economic Growth considering Human Capital and R&D Spillovers Convergencia y Crecimiento Economico en Mexico considerando al Capital Humano y derrames en Investigacion y Desarrollo," Urban/Regional 0506012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schneider, Johannes & Ziesemer, Thomas, 1994. "What's New and What's Old in New Growth Theory: Endogenous Technology, Microfoundation, and Growth Rate Predictions," MPRA Paper 56132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haftu, Girmay Giday, 2019. "Information communications technology and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: A panel data approach," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 88-99.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1993. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Other publications TiSEM ed4275fb-b14f-4175-a63f-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Arusha Cooray, 2012.
"How useful is growth literature for policies in the developing countries?,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(6), pages 671-681, February.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Cooray, Arusha, 2009. "How useful is Growth Literature for Policies in the Developing Countries?," MPRA Paper 14573, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cooray, Arusha & B. Bhaskara Rao, 2009. "How Useful is Growth Literature for Policies in the Developing Countries?," Economics Working Papers wp09-09, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Turnovsky, S., 2000.
"Growth in an Open Economy: some Recent Developments,"
5, Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2000. "Growth in an open economy: some recent developments," Working Paper Research 05, National Bank of Belgium.
- Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Growth in an Open Economy: Some Recent Developments," Working Papers 0015, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Growth in an Open Economy: Some Recent Developments," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0015, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Mariusz Próchniak & Bartosz Witkowski, 2006. "Modelowanie realnej konwergencji w skali międzynarodowej," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 10, pages 1-31.
- Adriana Di Liberto, 2007.
"Convergence and Divergence in Neoclassical Growth Models with Human Capital,"
Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 289-322.
- A. Di Liberto, 2005. "Convergence and divergence in Neoclassical Growth models with human capital," Working Paper CRENoS 200508, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Jeon, Heesang, 2015. "Knowledge and Contemporary Capitalism in Light of Marx's Value Theory," Thesis Commons g5njk, Center for Open Science.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:2:y:2002:i:1:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Marc Fournier & Åsa Johansson, 2016. "The Effect of the Size and the Mix of Public Spending on Growth and Inequality," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1344, OECD Publishing.
- Bayraktar-Sağlam, Bahar & Yetkiner, Hakan, 2014.
"A Romerian contribution to the empirics of economic growth,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 257-272.
- Bahar Bayraktar Saðlam & Ý. Hakan Yetkiner, 2012. "A Romerian Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1201, Izmir University of Economics.
- Xiaokai Yang, 2006.
"The Division Of Labor, Investment And Capital,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Christis Tombazos & Xiaokai Yang (ed.), Inframarginal Contributions To Development Economics, chapter 16, pages 409-436,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Xiaokai Yang, 1999. "The Division of Labor, Investment, and Capital," CID Working Papers 08A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Xiaokai Yang, 1999. "The Division of Labor, Investment, and Capital," CID Working Papers 8, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Yang, X., 1999. "The Division of Labor, Investment, and Capital," Papers 8, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Thomas Ziesemer, 2018.
"Testing the Growth Links of Emerging Economies: Croatia in a Growing World Economy,"
Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27.
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2017. "Testing the growth links of emerging economies: Croatia in a growing world economy," MERIT Working Papers 2017-051, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Kufenko, Vadmin & Prettner, Klaus, 2017. "You can't always get what you want? A Monte Carlo analysis of the bias and the efficiency of dynamic panel data estimators," ECON WPS - Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 07/2017, TU Wien, Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics, Economics Research Unit.
- Thais Andreia Araujo Souza & Marina Silva Cunha, 2018. "Performance of Brazilian total factor productivity from 2004 to 2014: a sectoral and regional analysis," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 7(1), pages 1-18, December.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D spending; Economic growth; GMM method.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oap:ijaefa:2019:p:48-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eyona Maxwell). General contact details of provider: http://onlineacademicpress.com/index.php/IJAEFA .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.