Interest Rate and Financial Performance of Banks in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- E. H. Ergeç & B. G. Arslan, 2013.
"Impact of interest rates on Islamic and conventional banks: the case of Turkey,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(17), pages 2381-2388, June.
- Etem Hakan, Ergeç & Bengül Gülümser, Arslan, 2011. "Impact of Interest Rates on Islamic and Conventional Banks: The Case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 29848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Molyneux, Philip & Thornton, John, 1992. "Determinants of European bank profitability: A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1173-1178, December.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muzafar Shah Habibullah, 2009. "Determinants of bank profitability in a developing economy: Empirical evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 207-217, April.
- William B English, 2002. "Interest rate risk and bank net interest margins," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Sehrish Gul & Faiza Irshad & Khalid Zaman, 2011. "Factors Affecting Bank Profitability in Pakistan," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 14(39), pages 61-87, March.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Jawaid, Syed Tehseen & Shafqat, Junaid, 2013. "Profitability of the Banking Sector of Pakistan: Panel Evidence from Bank-Specific, Industry-Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants," MPRA Paper 48485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hancock, Diana, 1985. "Bank Profitability, Interest Rates, and Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 189-202, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thi Viet Ha Hoang & Ngoc Hung Dang & Manh Dung Tran & Thi Thuy Van Vu & Quang Trung Pham, 2019. "Determinants Influencing Financial Performance of Listed Firms: Quantile Regression Approach," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(1), pages 78-90, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Faluk Shair & Na Sun & Sun Shaorong & Firdos Atta & Muhammad Hussain, 2019. "Impacts of risk and competition on the profitability of banks: Empirical evidence from Pakistan," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(11), pages 1-27, November.
- Maria Rosa Borges & Ana Sofia Tavares, 2020. "Determinants of Bank Performance in the Context of Crisis: A Panel Data Analysis for Portugal," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 674-686.
- Robin, Iftekhar & Salim, Ruhul & Bloch, Harry, 2018. "Financial performance of commercial banks in the post-reform era: Further evidence from Bangladesh," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 43-54.
- Tan, Yong, 2017. "The impacts of competition and shadow banking on profitability: Evidence from the Chinese banking industry," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 89-106.
- Molyneux, Philip & Reghezza, Alessio & Xie, Ru, 2019. "Bank margins and profits in a world of negative rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-1.
- Yong Tan, 2018. "The Impacts of Competition and Risk on Profitability in Chinese Banking: Evidence from Boone Indicator and Stability Inefficiency," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 19(2), pages 523-554, November.
- Abugamea, Gaber, 2018. "Determinants of Banking Sector Profitability: Empirical Evidence from Palestine," MPRA Paper 89772, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2018.
- Yong Tan, 2020. "Competition and Profitability in the Chinese Banking Industry: New Evidence from Different Ownership Types," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 503-526, September.
- Mirza Vejzagic & Hashem Zarafat, 2014. "An Analysis of Macroeconomic Determinants of Commercial Banks Profitability in Malaysia for the Period 1995-2011," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(1), pages 41-57, January.
- Aydemir, Resul & Ovenc, Gokhan, 2016. "Interest rates, the yield curve and bank profitability in an emerging market economy," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 670-682.
- Tan, Yong, 2016. "The impacts of risk and competition on bank profitability in China," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 85-110.
- Songül KAKÝLLÝ ACARAVCI & Ahmet Ertugrul ÇALIM, 2013. "Turkish Banking Sector's Profitability Factors," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 27-41.
- Muhammad Ali, 2016. "Bank Profitability and its Determinants in Pakistan: A Panel Data Analysis after Financial Crisis," Journal of Finance and Economics Research, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Hilmar Þór HILMARSSON, 2016. "Crisis response and government ownership: International assistance or abuse of power in the cases of Iceland and Latvia?," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(Special(I), pages 47-62.
- Andrei STĂNCULESCU, 2016. "Weaknesses of the capital asset pricing model," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(Special(I), pages 201-204.
- Marco FRIGERIO & Daniela VANDONE, 2018. "Virtuous or Vicious? Development Banks in Europe," Departmental Working Papers 2018-07, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Md. Shahidul Islam & Shin-Ichi Nishiyama, 2016.
"The Determinants of Bank Profitability: Dynamic Panel Evidence from South Asian Countries,"
Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(3), pages 1-6.
- Shahidul Islam & Shin-Ichi Nishiyama, 2015. "The determinants of bank profitability: dynamic panel evidence from South Asian countries," TERG Discussion Papers 338, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Shahidul Islam & Shin-Ichi Nishiyama, 2015. "The determinants of bank profitability: dynamic panel evidence from South Asian countries," DSSR Discussion Papers 44, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Claudiu Mihail MANOLESCU & Elena MANOLESCU, 2016. "The influence of non-performing loans on macroeconomic indicators in Romania between 2009-2015," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(Special(I), pages 220-230.
- Sapto Jumono & Noer Azam Achsani & Dedi Budiman Hakim & Muhammad Fidaus, 2016. "The Effect of Loan Market Concentration on Banking Rentability: A Study of Indonesian Commercial Banking, Dynamics Panel Data Regression Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 207-213.
- Malovaná, Simona & Frait, Jan, 2017.
"Monetary policy and macroprudential policy: Rivals or teammates?,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-16.
- Simona Malovana & Jan Frait, 2016. "Monetary Policy and Macroprudential Policy: Rivals or Teammates?," Working Papers IES 2016/19, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Sep 2016.
- Simona Malovana & Jan Frait, 2016. "Monetary Policy and Macroprudential Policy: Rivals or Teammates?," Working Papers 2016/06, Czech National Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsInterest rate; Profitability; Correlation; Regression; Return on assets; Return on equity; Earnings per share.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oap:ijaefa:2018:p:1-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://onlineacademicpress.com/index.php/IJAEFA .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Eyona Maxwell (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://onlineacademicpress.com/index.php/IJAEFA .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.