Tax Reform of the Century -- the Swedish Experiment
Describes the 1991 reform of Sweden's tax system ("the most far-reaching reform in any industrialized country in the postwar period"); examines behavioral responses (impact on consumption, housing, and labor supply). Reviews the lessons from a major evaluation effort, sponsored by the Swedish government and involving a large number of researchers.
Volume (Year): 49 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 725 15th St. NW #600. Washington, D.C. 20005-2109|
Fax: (202) 737-7308
Web page: http://www.ntanet.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berg, Lennart, 1994. "Household Savings and Debts: The Experience of the Nordic Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 42-53, Summer.
- Södersten, Jan, 1986.
"The Investment Funds System Reconsidered,"
Working Paper Series
174, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised Jan 1988.
- Klevmarken, Anders, 1997. "Did the Tax Cuts Increase Hours of Work? A Pre-Post Analysis of Swedish Panel Data," Working Paper Series 1997:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-57, April.
- Agell, J. & Berg, L. & Edin, P.A., 1995.
"Tax Reform, Consumption and Asset Structure,"
16, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Hultkrantz,L., 1995. "On Determinants of Swedish Recreational Domestic and Outbound Travel,1989-1993," Papers 7, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Agell, Jonas & Edin, Per-Anders, 1990. " Marginal Taxes and the Asset Portfolios of Swedish Households," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 47-64.
- Joel Slemrod, 1992.
"Do Taxes Matter? Lessons From the 1980s,"
NBER Working Papers
4008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1980.
"Wealth Maximization and the Cost of Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
0254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calmfors, L., 1992.
"Lessons from the Macroeconomic Experience of Sweden,"
522, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Calmfors, Lars, 1993. "Lessons from the macroeconomic experience of Sweden," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-72, March.
- Caballero, Ricardo J, 1991. "Earnings Uncertainty and Aggregate Wealth Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 859-71, September.
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Sodersten, Jan, 1994. "Costs of monitoring and corporate taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 307-321, October.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1976. "On the theory of tax reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 77-104.
- Englund, P. & Hendershott, P.H. & Turner, B., 1995. "The Tax Reform and the Housing Market," Papers 20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Peter Birch Soerensen, . "Changing Views of the Corporate Income Tax," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Klevmarken, N.A. & Andersson, I. & Brose, P. & Gronqvist, E. & Olovsson, P. & Stotlenberg-Hansen, M., 1995. "Labor Supply Responses to Swedish Tax Reforms 1985-1992," Papers 11, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:49:y:1996:i:no._4:p:643-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.