The Influence of Tax Law Changes on the Timing of Marriages: A Two-Country Analysis
Analyzes the change in taxpayer behavior following amendments of the marital deductions in Canada and England and Wales. Indicates a relationship between the change in the law the relative number of marriages that were performed near the tax year end.
Volume (Year): 49 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 725 15th St. NW #600. Washington, D.C. 20005-2109|
Fax: (202) 737-7308
Web page: http://www.ntanet.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alm, James & Beck, William, 1993. "Tax Amnesties and Compliance in the Long Run: A Time Series Analysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(1), pages 53-60, March.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 1985. "Federal Tax Policy and Charitable Giving," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number clot85-1, September.
- Slemrod, Joel B, 1985. "An Empirical Test for Tax Evasion," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 232-38, May.
- Bonham, Carl & Fujii, Edwin & Im, Eric & Mak, James, 1992.
"The Impact of the Hotel Room Tax: An Interrupted Time Series Approach,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 45(4), pages 433-41, December.
- Carl Bonham & Edwin Fujii & Eric Im & James Mak, 1991. "The Impact of the Hotel Room Tax: An Interrupted Time Series Approach," Working Papers 199124, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Stuart Jay Deutsch & Francis B. Alt, 1977. "The Effect of Massachusetts' Gun Control Law On Gun-Related Crimes in the City of Boston," Evaluation Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 543-568, November.
- Clotfelter, Charles T., 1985. "Federal Tax Policy and Charitable Giving," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226110486.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:49:y:1996:i:no._1:p:17-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.