An Empirical Analysis of Money Demand Function in Nepal
This paper analyzes the money demand function for Nepal during the period of the FY 1997/98 to FY 2009/10 using annual data. The empirical results imply that the cointegration tests clearly show the existence of the long-run relationship between real money balances and its determinants, output and interest rate. The vector error correction model has pr oved the short-run relationship between the real money balances and its determinants. Furthermore, Dynamic OLS estimation of the money demand function indicate that the sign of coefficients of the output and interest rate were found to be consistent with the assumption of the money demand theories.
Volume (Year): 23 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.nrb.org.np/ecorev/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Atta-Mensah, 2004. "Money Demand and Economic Uncertainty," Staff Working Papers 04-25, Bank of Canada.
- Shigeyuki Hamori, 2008. "Empirical Analysis of the Money Demand Function in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(4), pages 1-15.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-72, August.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Yongqing Wang, 2007. "How Stable Is The Demand For Money In China?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 21-33, June.
- Alfred A. Haug, 2006. "Canadian Money Demand Functions: Cointegration-Rank Stability," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(2), pages 214-230, 03.
- Youngsoo Bae & Vikas Kakkar & Masao Ogaki, 2004. "Money Demand in Japan and the Liquidity Trap," Working Papers 04-06, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Samreth, Sovannroeun, 2008. "Estimating Money Demand Function in Cambodia: ARDL Approach," MPRA Paper 16274, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2009.
- Mark Tuil & Louis Visscher, 2010. "Introduction," Chapters, in: New Trends in Financing Civil Litigation in Europe, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nrb:journl:v:23:y:2011:i:1:p:54-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Bishnu Prasad Gautam)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.