Russian Holding Company Groups: New Empirical Evidence
The article is devoted to Russian holding company groups. New sample survey data allow discussing the scale of expansion and internal structure of these groups, incentives to create them, the patterns of corporate governance and decision-making, scale of their internal financial market. In spite of the fact that holding company groups are extremely heterogeneous, most of them constitute new companies, which overcome the weaknesses of insider ownership model, with converged ownership and management. Companies in the holdings retain certain degree of autonomy in decision-making, and at the same time this process is connected with corporate governance procedures. Still the trends in the development of corporate governance are controversial and it is too early to conclude that the model of ownership separated from management inside the holding company groups has definitely proved its viability.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrei Shumilov & Natalya Volchkova, 2004. "Russian business groups: substitutes for missing institutions?," Working Papers w0050, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Sergei Guriev & Andrei Rachinsky, 2005. "The Role of Oligarchs in Russian Capitalism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 131-150, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nos:voprec:2007-01-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.