Un Panorama sobre la Economía del Agua/An Overview on Water Economy
En las páginas siguientes hacemos un repaso general acerca de cómo la cuestión de los recursos naturales y, especialmente, el agua, han ido incorporándose a los razonamientos económicos de una forma progresiva. Como veremos, esto no significa que nos encontremos ante un marco teórico nuevo en cuanto a la gestión de los recursos naturales. Pero los avances han sido tan importantes durante los últimos años, que no cabe duda que estamos ante un nuevo panorama que debe permitir en los próximos años avanzar en los razonamientos teóricos y en las soluciones más eficientes para nuestras sociedades. In the paper we provide an overview on how the issue of natural resources, especially water, have been incorporated into economic reasoning in a progressive manner. As we shall see, this does not mean that we are facing a new theoretical framework around the natural resources management. But progress has been so important in recent years that there is no doubt that this is a new deal that should allow in the years to advance the theoretical reasoning and the most efficient solutions for our societies
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 28 (2010)
Issue (Month): (Agosto)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.revista-eea.net Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Hartwick, John M, 1978. "Substitution among Exhaustible Resources and Intergenerational Equity," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 347-54, June.
- Faber, Malte & Proops, John L. R., 1993. "Natural resource rents, economic dynamics and structural change: a capital theoretic approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 17-44, August.
- John Gowdy & Jon D. Erickson, 2005.
"The approach of ecological economics,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 207-222, March.
- Rijsberman, Frank R., 2006. "Water scarcity: Fact or fiction?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(1-3), pages 5-22, February.
- Velazquez, Esther, 2007. "Water trade in Andalusia. Virtual water: An alternative way to manage water use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 201-208, June.
- Guan, Dabo & Hubacek, Klaus, 2007. "Assessment of regional trade and virtual water flows in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 159-170, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:28_2_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.