La distribución de recursos entre Comunidades Autónomas. Una primera aproximación a los cambios derivados del nuevo modelo de financiación/The Distribution of Resources Between Autonomous Communities. A First Approximation to the Changes Derived from the New Model of Financing
El presente trabajo tiene como objetivo analizar el cambio en los resultados distributivos del nuevo modelo de financiación autonómica de régimen común con respecto al vigente desde 2002. Para ello se utilizan indicadores de desigualdad y progresividad derivados de curvas de concentración, así como indicadores de dispersión y de elasticidad. El resultado fundamental que se obtiene es que, a pesar de las modificaciones sustanciales que se producen en la estructura del nuevo modelo, ello no conlleva cambios significativos en los efectos redistributivos de las transferencias, ni en términos de desigualdad ni en términos de progresividad. No obstante, el nuevo modelo sí produce menos reordenación y, en consecuencia, menos desigualdad generada por la misma. The present work has as aim to analyze the change in the distributive results of the new model of financing of Autonomous Communities of common regime with regard to model in force from 2002. For it we use indicators of inequality and progressiveness derived from curves of concentration, as well as indicators of dispersion and of elasticity. The fundamental result obtained is that, in spite of the substantial modifications that are produced in the structure of the new model, it does not carry significant changes in the redistributive effects of the transfers, nor in terms of inequality nor in terms of progressiveness. Nevertheless, the new model produces less reranking and, in consequence, less inequality generated by the same one.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 28 (2010)
Issue (Month): (Abril)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Beatriz Rodríguez Prado. Facultad de CC.EE. y EE. Avda. Valle del Esgueva. Valladolid 47011 SPAIN|
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.revista-eea.net Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis A. Hierro & Pedro Atienza & David Patiño, 2007. "Inequality and Progressiveness in the Distribution of Revenues of the States in Federal Countries: A Comparitive Study," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0703, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Richard M Bird & Andrey V Tarasov, 2004.
"Closing the Gap: Fiscal Imbalances and Intergovernmental Transfers in Developed Federations,"
Environment and Planning C,
, vol. 22(1), pages 77-102, February.
- Richard M Bird & Andrey V Tarasov, 2004. "Closing the gap: fiscal imbalances and intergovernmental transfers in developed federations," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(1), pages 77-102, February.
- Richard Bird & Andrey Tarasov, 2002. "Closing the Gap: Fiscal Imbalaces and Intergovernmental Transfers in Developed Federations," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0202, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 747-752, September.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Jameson Boex, 1999. "Fiscal Decentralization in the Russian Federation During the Transition," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper9903, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-270, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:28_1_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.