A Contingent Ranking Study on the Preferences of Tourists across Seasons/A Contingent Ranking Study on the Preferences of Tourists across Seasons
This paper presents the results of a contingent ranking study carried out on a sample of tourists visiting the province of Ragusa (in south-eastern Sicily, Italy), known for both its baroque heritage and its sea coasts. I focus only on two attributes of tourism products, namely the accommodation facilities (which appear to have a large importance for tourists’ choice, according to similar previous analyses) and local attractions (sea and coasts, cultural and natural heritage endowments, performing-arts and entertainment, local food and wine products). I evaluate whether and how the weight attached by tourists to the attributes and their levels change across seasons. Este artículo presenta los resultados de un estudio de ranking contingente realizado a una muestra de turistas que visitaron la provincia de Ragusa (en el sudeste de Sicilia, Italia), conocida tanto por su patrimonio barroco como por sus costas de mar. Sólo nos centramos en dos atributos de los productos turísticos, en concreto en las instalaciones hoteleras (que parecen tener una gran importancia para la elección del turista, según análisis similares previos) y los atractivos locales (mar y costas, elementos del patrimonio cultural y natural, artes escénicas y ocio, productos locales de comida y vino). Se evalúa si, y como, el peso asignado por los turistas a los atributos y sus niveles cambia a lo largo de las estaciones.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 27 (2009)
Issue (Month): (Abril)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Beatriz Rodríguez Prado. Facultad de CC.EE. y EE. Avda. Valle del Esgueva. Valladolid 47011 SPAIN|
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.revista-eea.net Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vidar Ringstad & Knut Løyland, 2006. "The Demand for Books Estimated by Means of Consumer Survey Data," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 30(2), pages 141-155, September.
- Kristien Werck & Bruno Heyndels, 2007. "Programmatic choices and the demand for theatre: the case of Flemish theatres," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 31(1), pages 25-41, March.
- Gapinski, James H, 1986. "The Lively Arts as Substitutes for the Lively Arts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 20-25, May.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Sheila Weyers, 1999.
"On the Perceived Quality of Movies,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(4), pages 269-283, November.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Sheila Weyers, 1999. "On the perceived quality of movies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1697, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victoria Ateca-Amestoy, 2008. "Determining heterogeneous behavior for theater attendance," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(2), pages 127-151, June.
- Gapinski, James H, 1984. "The Economics of Performing Shakespeare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 458-466, June.
- Ralf Dewenter & Michael Westermann, 2005. "Cinema Demand In Germany," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 29(3), pages 213-231, August.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Westermann, Michael, 2003. "Cinema demand in Germany," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 125, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Peter Macmillan & Ian Smith, 2001. "Explaining Post-War Cinema Attendance in Great Britain," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 25(2), pages 91-108, May.
- Winkelmann, Rainer, 1995. "Duration Dependence and Dispersion in Count-Data Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(4), pages 467-474, October.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- M. Bagella & L. Becchetti, 1999. "The Determinants of Motion Picture Box Office Performance: Evidence from Movies Produced in Italy," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(4), pages 237-256, November.
- Daniel Urrutiaguer, 2002. "Quality Judgements and Demand for French Public Theatre," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 26(3), pages 185-202, August.
- Francesca Borgonovi, 2004. "Performing arts attendance: an economic approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(17), pages 1871-1885.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1990. "Regression-based tests for overdispersion in the Poisson model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-364, December.
- Abbe-Decarroux, Francois, 1994. "The perception of quality and the demand for services : Empirical application to the performing arts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 99-107, January.
- Charles Gray, 1998. "Hope for the Future? Early Exposure to the Arts and Adult Visits to Art Museums," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(2), pages 87-98, June.
- Samuel Cameron, 1999. "Rational addiction and the demand for cinema," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(9), pages 617-620. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:27_1_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.