Factores No Agronómicos: Análisis De Su Influencia En Los Precios De La Tierra Agraria/Analysis on the infl uence of Non-agronomic-factors over the prices of agricultural land
El valor de la tierra agraria está determinado por las características agronómicas de este input. Pero el precio de la tierra agraria con frecuencia supera al alza o a la baja su valor, debido a la existencia de una serie de factores no agronómicos (endógenos y exógenos al sector) que ejercen presiones en la determinación y evolución del precio. Desde esta perspectiva, el objetivo que se persigue es analizar los principales factores no agronómicos determinantes del precio del suelo rústico a partir de los años ochenta. El ámbito de estudio se centra en la provincia de Lleida y se distingue entre tierras de secano y de regadío. Las estimaciones realizadas muestran que los principales factores que explican el comportamiento de los precios de la tierra agraria son: el considerar la tierra como un refugio del capital, las subvenciones recibidas de la PAC y las expectativas de plusvalía. The value of the agricultural land is determined by the characteristics of the land itself. However, the price of the land very often is higher or lower than is value. This is caused by the existence of several non-agronomic factors (endogenous and exogenous) that infl uence the determination and the evolution of the price. From this prospective, the aim of this work is to determine the major non-agronomic factors that are infl uencing the market price of the rustic land, from the year 1980 onwards. As estimations reveals the main factors that explain price performance for agricultural land are the opportunity cost of capital, the subsidies received from the PAC and the expectations of land appreciation.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 25 (2007)
Issue (Month): (Abril)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Beatriz Rodríguez Prado. Facultad de CC.EE. y EE. Avda. Valle del Esgueva. Valladolid 47011 SPAIN|
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.revista-eea.net Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard E. Just & John A. Miranowski, 1993.
"Understanding Farmland Price Changes,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(1), pages 156-168.
- Miranowski, John, 1993. "Understanding Farmland Price Changes," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10696, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Patricia A. Duffy & C. Robert Taylor & Danny L. Cain & George J. Young, 1994. "The Economic Value of Farm Program Base," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 318-329.
- MJ Roche & K McQuinn, 2001. "Testing for speculation in agricultural land in Ireland," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(2), pages 95-115, June.
- D Maddison, 2000. "A hedonic analysis of agricultural land prices in England and Wales," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 519-532, December.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Shumway, C. Richard, 1982. "A Pooled Time-Series Cross-Section Analysis Of Land Prices," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(01), July.
- Falk, Barry L., 1991. "Formally Testing the Present Value Model of Farmland Prices," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11093, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John E. Floyd, 1965. "The Effects of Farm Price Supports on the Returns to Land and Labor in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 148-148.
- C. Arden Pope III, 1985. "Agricultural Productive and Consumptive Use Components of Rural Land Values in Texas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(1), pages 81-86. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:25_1_6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.