Lawrence R. Klein and Applied Economics/Lawrence R. Klein y la economía aplicada
Along present article we have tried to highlights the main contributions of Lawrence R. Klein to applied economics trough his longer career, both as teacher and as researcher. Having in mind the diffi cult task that means to concentrate the huge amount achievements made by the cited author we have grouped it into four different issues: Economic thought, econometric techniques, applied econometric models and other research fields. A lo largo del presente artículo hemos intentado recoger las principales aportaciones del profesor Klein al amplio campo de la economía aplicada a lo largo de su dilatada carrera como docente e investigador. Siendo conscientes de las limitaciones que puede suponer la revisión completa de una obra tan vasta como la generada por el citado autor hemos optado por agrupar sus principales aportaciones en torno a cuatro grandes apartados: pensamiento económico, métodos econométricos, modelos econométricos aplicados y otras áreas de Investigación.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 24 (2006)
Issue (Month): (Abril)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.revista-eea.net Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Fromm & Lawrence R. Klein, 1976. "THE NBER/NSF Model Comparison Seminar: An Analysis of Results," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 1, pages 1-28 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kanta Marwah & Lawrence R. Klein, 1996. "Estimation of J-Curves: United States and Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 523-39, August.
- Lawrence R Klein & Wendy Mak, 2005. "Initial Steps in High-Frequency Modeling of China," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 11-14, January.
- Marwah, Kanta & Klein, Lawrence R., 1995. "The possibility of nesting South Asia in Asia-Pacific economic integration," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 1947. "Theories of Effective Demand and Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 108.
- L. R. Klein, 1951. "The Life of John Maynard Keynes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 443.
- Klein, Lawrence R., 2004. "New growth centers in this globalized economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 499-505, June.
- Fromm, Gary & Klein, Lawrence R, 1973. "A Comparison of Eleven Econometric Models of the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 385-93, May.
- Klein, Lawrence R. & Glickman, Norman J., 1977. "Econometric model-building at regional level," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-2), pages 3-23, March.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 2000. "International Financial Volatility and Agricultural Commodity Trade: A Primer: Discussion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 701-702.
- Howrey, E Philip & Klein, Lawrence R & McCarthy, Michael D, 1974. "Notes on Testing the Predictive Performance of Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(2), pages 366-83, June.
- L. R. Klein, 1958. "The Friedman-Becker Illusion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 539.
- Klein, Lawrence R., 1993. "Economic analysis of inflation," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 239-247.
- Klein, Lawrence R, 1984. "Money in the Wharton Quarterly Model: A Reply," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 76-79, February.
- Lawrence Klein, 1992. "Some Tendencies in Modern Econometrics," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 27, pages 5-14.
- Marwah, Kanta & Klein, Lawrence R. & Bodkin, Ronald G., 1985. "Bilateral capital flows and the exchange rate : The case of the U.S.A. vis-a-vis Canada, France, West Germany and the U.K," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 89-110.
- Lawrence R. Klein & Virginia Long, 1973. "Capacity Utilization: Concept, Measurement, and Recent Estimates," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 743-764.
- Klein, Lawrence R. & Salvatore, Dominick, 1995. "Welfare effects of the North American free trade agreement," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-176, April.
- Klein, Lawrence R., 2004. "Comment on academic exclusion: the case of Alexander Del Mar," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 69-71, March.
- Klein, L. R., 2004. "China and India: Two Asian Economic Giants, Two Different Systems," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(1).
- Lawrence R. Klein & Arthur Doud & E. Sojo, 1985. "Simplification of Large Scale Macroeconometric Models," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 28-40, Jan-Mar.
- Klein, Lawrence R, 1974. "Issues in Econometric Studies of Investment Behavior," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 43-49, March.
- Howrey, E Philip & Klein, Lawrence R, 1972. "Dynamic Properties of Nonlinear Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 599-618, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:24_1_1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.